This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guy won't stop messaging me?
01-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Guy won't stop messaging me?
So there's been someone who I've been talking to over Facebook a lot recently. We talk pretty much every day, and we chat when we see each other at school. I really like him (as a friend) but the thing is, sometimes I just don't feel like talking to him every single day as neither of us are very good at keeping up a conversation and it can seem a bit like hard work sometimes. He's on Facebook 24/7 so whenever I log on, he messages me straight away! It feels like I can't escape (I know that sounds horrible!)

I do want to become better friends with him, but I'd much rather talk in person at school rather than over Facebook. Is there any way to tell him this without being blunt and saying "leave me alone!!" ?

Thanks a lot Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 12:38 PM

Hello

This is what you can say:

" I'd much rather talk in person at school rather than over Facebook"

What I said above can from your mind, and not my mind. I suggest you use your words to tell him what you think, and how you feel.

Ads

01-02-2014, 12:39 PM

Change your chat status to appear offline then you don't have to message him unless you want to. It sounds as if he likes you so try to back away a little without hurting him.
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM

Go to your Friends List and place your friend on a separate list from everyone else. (You can also put anyone else you want the same chat relationship with on this separate list with him.) Now go to chat and "Organize Chat using your Friends List" and leave the separate list off the list of friends who can see you online. Now he can't see you online to chat you the second he sees you. And you can easily change that setting when you want him to see you. Don't forget to turn him back off before logging off or he'll see you the second you log in the next time.

Or you can just turn off Chat before you log off so next time you log on chat is off. Then turn it on after you're done with other things and are prepared to chat. Chat for a while and then say you have to go and turn chat off for next time before logging off.

Now, he's going to say he doesn't see you on Facebook much any more. Think in advance how to explain this without lying because he will eventually find out you're chatting with others and will know something is up.

Or you can just tell him you prefer talking in person and would like to keep online chat to X minutes. When that time is reached, tell him you gotta go.
01-02-2014, 12:57 PM

Just Tell Him you Dont Want to Talk Right Now and you Will Talk Later And That you Would Rather Talk in Person
01-02-2014, 01:09 PM

if you want to talk to him more at school, then do so, it's that simple, doing it that way will mean talking on fb is less important