This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it slander to talk bad about another business on your Facebook and name names?
01-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Is it slander to talk bad about another business on your Facebook and name names?
I own a flyer delivery company. A lot of my customers come from Facebook, and word of mouth. I was recently given a referral, for 500 flyers to be dispersed over a months times. According to the "Friend" who referred me, I have not delivered the flyer's and I have taken the money. I have delivered 279 of her flyer's. Today I am informed that this "Friend" is talking very poorly about my business. Writing very bad things on my facebook page What I always advise customers is to drive the area. when doing residential area. These flyer's were to be done in parking lots. She was warned in the beginning that we may get removed from time to time. I have packaged up the remaining flyer's and the "free tickets" we received, with the remaining $21.10 for the undelivered flyer's. I feel I need to say something to defend myself, but then again, why should I stoop to their level. What do you think? If she feels I have done an injustice then file a complaint with the BBB. But how can she substantiate her claim, she can not prove that her "friends" flyer's have not been delivered. I have been in business for almost 2 years and this is the first person to stoop this low.
I have no problem with the time frame. Technically it is 100 flyers per hour, on residences. Parking lots are faster. So if we were to complete them it would only take 5 hrs or less, but the "owner" of the company wants it spread out over the month to different parking lots in different areas of town ,that I happen to come across.This "friend" is only someone who referred me to the "owner".

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Yes it is

Ads

01-02-2014, 04:36 PM

I don't think it is
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM

1. No "friend" refers a job to you and then stabs you in the back publicly on Facebook.
2. If the negative comments your "friend" wrote affect your business (loss of clients, loss of $, etc. usually determined by comparison with the previous year's income/client numbers for the same month(s) and with the average income and number of clients for the same month for each year of the previous 5 years that you've been in business), then you can sue this "friend" - but why bother unless they have the money to pay both the monetary damages they caused your business and your attorney's fees?

If you know that flyering a parking lot is going to be problematic, you've got to make allowances for it and get the flyers delivered. If you contract to deliver 500 flyers in a month, you've got to deliver. Two hundred seventy-nine flyers is just a bit over half of the 500. If it will take more time, tell the client up front and make arrangements to do the job in 2 months. Flyers are usually time-sensitive and need to be delivered as quickly as possible. You don't deserve the Facebook slandering but you also shouldn't be taking jobs you can't really complete. The latter will lose you clients faster than the former will.