This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did Ayn Rand the founder of the "Greed is Good - Free Market Cult", rely on Social Security & Medicare?
10-14-2012, 02:45 AM
Why did Ayn Rand the founder of the "Greed is Good - Free Market Cult", rely on Social Security & Medicare?
Aren't these things that the cultists that now follow this religion, now want to eliminate?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 02:53 AM

Ayn Rand was mentally deranged.

Ads

Still more greed

I am tired of these types of arguments. Ayn Rand, if given the choice, would choose not to have the government confiscate the fruits of her labor for social security and medicare. But she did not have a choice, the government takes the money whether you like it or not. As long as they are forcefully taking the money you might as well get something out of it. There is no contradiction here.

Hypocrisy is American tradition. She was just absorbing and emulating the culture.

Why is Omana President if he hates this Country so much ?..Hmmm.
If your against Obama-care but are forced to pay for it, does that mean you should not use it?
Stupid Liberal logic !

Please verify that Rand did not have her property confiscated by government force yet still took property from Social Ponzisecurity and Medicare.

I eagerly await your verification at the same time I'm amazed at how fast I was able to blow up this recurring leftist bullshit straw man that citizens who have their property taken by government should never accept a partial return of their property. I like blowing up rants from noxious leftist turds like yourself.

Why? Because she's a hypocrite.

Because as all us will find out, talk of selfishness and individualism sound wonderful until we find ourselves in a situation where we need the charity and kindness of others (Rand railed against charity and altruism as moral values) or those "weird" government programs like Social Security and Ayn Rand.

Ayn Rand was a significant author in her day. You think someone who demanded everyone else exert personal irresponsibility would have taken on the responsibility of saving enough money for retirement without help from the government.

In a final moment of irony, as she lay dying of lung cancer, choking to death on her blood, she was still convinced it was the government, not the tobacco companies that were lying about its effects.

lol, good riddance to her and anyone who likes her.

Because Metaphorically speaking ( if not in reality LOL )
the DEVIL told her to.

Well, unless I am mistaken and I know that I am not, Social Security & Medicare are not programs that one can opt out of. I don't get people like you. You seem to infer that people who oppose social welfare programs are hypocrites for collecting benefits. Do you not understand that we don't have a choice? It isn't optional. Trust me, if I could keep all the money that I have paid into these programs so that I could invest it privately, I would do so in a heartbeat.