This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is this an innapropriate picture to put on facebook?
01-04-2014, 03:46 PM
is this an innapropriate picture to put on facebook?
my coworker commented today at work about how "i shouldnt put up what i put up on facebook the other day"

im in college, im 20. i use the iphone app instagram, and its just a picture of these shots we had. just a picture of 3 shots. no ones in it, no ones in it drinking them. it was a long time ago. i just put it up because i thought the color effect i put on it looked cool. i didnt put it up to show im cool or whatever.

but she kept saying that ill get in trouble for it. it was really annoying. shes new to facebook and doesnt have a lot of friends on there, so im probably all over her news feed.

is having a picture of 3 shots a big deal??? no ones in it. and im not a big drinker anyways. i have no pictures of me drinking at all. so i dont get why shes making a big stink about it. it wasnt a picture of me chugging beers.

what do you think?
it was just a picture of shots. thats it. maybe i shouldnt of put it up. but my coworker is in her 40s. she kept telling me to "stay out of trouble too" all because of one pic that was not even that bad.
i didnt put it up to show im a drinker. i just htought the effect of it looked cool. that was it.
if i was 16 then ok, its innapropriate for sure. thanks for your input everyone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 03:48 PM

A little but it whatever

Ads

01-04-2014, 03:53 PM

no its not a big deal, shes just flipping out cuz she noes she belongs in the kitchen.
01-04-2014, 04:03 PM

I think she's right -- it's inappropriate.

What would you think if you saw a picture of three shots in Facebook? You'd think the guy drinks a lot. Is that what you want people to think?
01-04-2014, 04:13 PM

employers look at facebook these days so b careful what u post
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM

Not at all, it's an artistic thing. Maybe it's because if your boss sees it, they wont be impressed and are very cautious about that sort of thing in their workers. I wouldn't worry at all.
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM

not big at all, she's overreacting, and a creep.
01-04-2014, 04:19 PM

No, I think you're fine. The way she's complaining makes it sound almost personal. As long as you're not crazy drunk, doing something stupid, or looking really unprofessional you shouldn't have anything to worry about Wink
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM

No. your 20, its fine. My 16 year old friends post pictures of themselves smoking weed & drinking THATS wrong to me, not what you did. Your a ADULT. Smile
01-04-2014, 04:26 PM

While you're right that the picture wasn't exactly horrific, I think your coworker has a valid point. She's right in the fact that there ARE people who would make a hullabaloo about a few shots, and could get you into trouble. You don't necessarily have to be concerned with what you post, but you should be concerned with who sees them.