This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is not the visual media ruining the healthy social and political system of India?
10-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Is not the visual media ruining the healthy social and political system of India?
I do not deny that at times it projects people’s interest and fight for justice and social causes? Sleaze and vulgarity are telecast that destroy a healthy social order. Political system is affected because it promotes the undeserving in the public arena. I have also feeling that the Indian visual media can be bought at a price. This conclusion is based on my study of the promotion done on a trash film for days and a nuptial ceremony telecast in finer details. Do you share my view?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 03:11 AM

My understanding is that India a under tremendously rapid evolutionary pressure in the finance, political, and social areas.

Since the trend is towards more democracy, yet there is a wide social gulf between various groups over a long history, it is only natural that some people will feel that transparency and sunshine on processes that have benefited some at the expense of others is a bad thing.

IOW, not everyone would say that the social order in India is healthy yet. We wouldn't even say that here about ourselves in the US. Until then, media, as the 4th estate is fine for casting light where needed for the benefit of all even if it is at the expense of some.

Ads

No doubt, the media may enter into our bedrooms, some day

Yes I do share your view.
The visual media has corrupted many good social orders.
So has McDonald's and many other unhealthy habits of the West.
Art and Classical music used to mean something and keep order in one's soul but now there is abstract art and punk music that disorders the harmony of the soul.
I wonder how other civilizations handle it.
This topic has made me very zenocentric.

media is running and intruding every aspect of our life .
media is running to improve its own earning and if economy and we get benefit it is bonus and unintended .
It is like doctor -- he is treating , but it is the nature which cures , but that improves doctor's bank balance

Only political, as per social, its promoting purely hedonist western agenda.

When I say 'yes' to your question, in the context of the explanation you have given in the question, it would look like we need to control the visual media.

Let me add another dimension to this thought.

In an anlaysis of the impact of visual media, who sees what is shown, is equally or more important than who shows and what is shown. Most Indians are uneducated and believe what they see. Imagine if average Indian is as educated as an average American, what would have been the impact of what is shown today? Why, in spite of seeing what the Indian visual media shows, you and I are doing critical analysis? What would have happened if the American media showed what the Indian media showed, to Americans?

So although I would agree that the visual media is ruining the healthy social and political system of India, I would say the single most important culprit is the political system.

Do we have democracy in India? If a family descendants are ruling a country for many years, despite lack of knowledge of India? Aren't the politicians here keeping the population illiterate?

Only political, as per social, its promoting purely hedonist western agenda