This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Pres. O's plan to ensure that I get back from social security what I put in?
10-14-2012, 03:34 AM
What is Pres. O's plan to ensure that I get back from social security what I put in?
I wish someone would have an idea like letting me invest some of that money in the stock market instead of just giving it to the federal government for their mismanagement.
401k doesn't protect my social security.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 03:42 AM

They do, it's called a 401K and an IRA. You can invest all you want, pre tax. But I guess Rove left that out of his talking points.

Also when the bush crash happened and the market lost 50% of it's value would you have said, "Oh well, there goes my retirement." I somehow doubt it. You'd probably be trying to figure out a way to blame "them Democrats".

Ads

Oh yeah,putting it in the stock market is a good idea. And, you just want to fork over all that money to the bankers and Wall Street speculators?

It is not and never has been an "investment" or a trust fund. It has always been a tax on employment which goes into the general fund. The US Supreme Court says Social Security is a social welfare program which Congress may alter or abolish at will.
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/ge...&invol=603