This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Struggling to Choose A-Levels?
10-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Struggling to Choose A-Levels?
I'm sixteen and in May just before my GCSE exams, I fell pregnant. I completed my exams and got the following set of results:

Biology – A
English Language - A
English Literature - B
Maths – B
Media Studies - B
Level Two Project - B
Chemistry - B
History - C
Religious Studies - C
French – C
Physics - C
ICT – Merit

I had intentions of going to on to study something in the medical field after I leave Sixthform, however it has been suggested that I don’t take Biology and Chemistry due to being pregnant and missing lessons from those subjects would be crucial to my final grade.
The A-Levels offered at my Sixthform include:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Applied Science
Mathematics
Further Mathematics
Sport Studies/PE
BTEC National in Sport
(Double or Triple Award)
Art and Design
English Literature
Media Studies
Music
Psychology
Sociology
French
German
Applied Business
BTEC Health and Social Care
(Single or Double award)
Applied ICT
History
Geography
Politics
One of the teachers I spoke to suggested that I take BTEC Double Health and Social Care and Applied Science, but I’m not sure as I feel as if that limits my career choice which I’m still completely unsure about. I want to try and have a broad career choice for after the baby’s born so I can give him or her a better life.
I am interested in Photography, Biology, Chemistry, English literature (which they don’t do), English Language, ICT etc. But I would like to know what the career choices could be like depending on which courses I choose.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 04:07 AM

dont take photography its a waste of a subject seriously its like worth nuthing

Ads

10-14-2012, 04:07 AM

If anything take biology and english and drop something eles. Your in a tough situations but that is what makes the most successful people because they can indure try to take as many as possible and if it is too hard drop a class.