This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some celebrities who decide to make their own Facebook accounts allow you to follow but not add?
01-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Why do some celebrities who decide to make their own Facebook accounts allow you to follow but not add?
I've noticed that some rock stars I like have Facebook accounts i.e. David Ellefson of Megadeth. They allow fans to follow them with the new follow feature on Facebook but not add them as friends on there even though they do have friend lists? Why is that? I'm not interested in stalking any celebrities. I'm just curious.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 12:25 PM

theres a number of friend limit, which is 5000, while facebook doesnt impose any limit on the number of followers

Ads

01-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Beside the 5000 friends limitation and no limitation on followers as explained by Kevin; celebrity do have the right to talk in 'private' with their friends in life without exposing everything to Public, don't you think so?
While you know, FB actually 'rules' us to only add friend if the person is really someone we know in real life, thus the 5000 limitation is ruled out.