This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think it makes more sense nowadays for a woman to buy her own engagement ring?
10-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Do you think it makes more sense nowadays for a woman to buy her own engagement ring?
Especially if your are not planning to give up on your freedom for a couple of years. You might think you have met the love of your life, but nowadays with social media you never know who you might come across in the mean time. So if a woman buys her own ring she can get exactly what she likes and if (god forbid) things unfortunately don't work out she can have it for a further engagement.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 04:38 AM

No.

Ads

If a pretty ring is what you are interested in, then get yourself a ring other than engagement. An engagement ring is suppose to mean someone who loves you chose it to give it to you. If this is not the meaning, then get a coral or ruby at your taste.

No, I'm not buying my own engagement ring. Nor do I think engagement rings should be re-cycled ("if things don't work out she can have it for a further engagement")

What?????

No - she should choose her own ring when you take her to the jewellers to buy it.

No. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. An engagement ring is a symbol of the first part of a lifelong commitment. He should buy here the ring when he's sure he want to make that commitment, and he's certain she does as well. A woman doesn't buy her own ring.

If your "not planning to give up on your freedom" then why would you even think about getting married? Even though that statement is BS.
Guys should buy the ring yes.

In my honest opinion I don't even think you should try to get engaged because it seems that you do not want to give up your freedom because you already made up your mind to play the field so to speak.

If you do not want to lose your freedom then why break somebody's heart by getting engaged to them? Rather tell them outright that you are still looking and that is that. Not that I think you'll get too many proposals that way but at least the poor sods will know what to expect.

Yes. American women think they are self entitled princesses where the man is to chase and beg and compete and pay pay pay for her. The man is even supposed to get on his knees and beg, uhh..propose..to her. What does she do for you, the man? Oh yeah...sex. Women control men through sex deprivation and forced one way askout...causing a supply demand inbalance making women much more expensive than men. Very unfair for men, imho.