This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook: how to invite people to a party?
01-10-2014, 03:19 AM
Facebook: how to invite people to a party?
I have very little experience with Facebook, I just joined last week. I need to invite all of my "friends" on Facebook to a surprise party for one of my best friends--also a Facebook user. Is there any way I can send an invitation to an event WITHOUT it ever getting to the birthday girl? Is there a way to not include somebody in the list so that they never see the invitation, no matter who reposts it or likes it? Please help! <3

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 03:21 AM

You can create an event and make the setting private so that only people invited can see it. I'll walk you through it,

On the left hand side, click Events - It has a pic of a calender next to it

In the top right hand corner, you'll see +Create Event. Click on that

In the pop up window, fill in the details of the party.

Under privacy, select 'Invite Only' from the drop down box. This will prevent other people you don't know from joining. It will also hide the even from people who aren't invited.

Un-select the 'Guests can invite friends' box if you want to be the only person who can invite people. This will stop people from inviting your best friend by mistake.

Hope that was easy enough to understand. Have a great party!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply