This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get my friends to come over?
01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
How can I get my friends to come over?
I am 16, and recently had minor endometriosis removed two days ago. I'm feeling kind of crappy, and really want my friends to come over to my house and see me. How can I ask them to come over without sounding really needy and self pitying?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 03:58 PM

Hey, if they are good friends and you ask them to come over because you want to see them they won&#x27;t care and want to see how your doing.

Ads

01-10-2014, 04:02 PM

1. Be secure with your own sexuality before attempting to explain to others how you feel. If you are struggling with your feelings, make sure you are emotionally ready to speak to others.
2. Choose a time when your closest friends can be around you for support. It may be easier to speak to a very close friend first, before approaching others.
3. Share with your friends your true feelings, and explain to them that your choice to come out does not affect your friendship with them.
4. Listen to questions from your friends and be prepared for a range of emotions on their part. Reassure your friends that you still care about them, no matter what they think at the time.
5. Be open to further questions or needs from your friends, as some of them will take longer to come to terms with your sexuality than others. Some of them may never share the same relationship with you after you come out.
01-10-2014, 04:15 PM

Plan ahead. Figure out that they might not want to stay long. Most children are either oblivious to the discomfort of others or feel so awkward and uncomfortable that they avoid the whole scenario. So bake some cookies or something and invite them over to look at your stitches and have cookies and milk. (Or whatever). When we are ill, they say our Universe collapses down to ourselves and we become extremely self-centered and selfish. Now, this is "in general" but you need to be aware of the strong tendency for this. If you want them to come over to "pay attention" to you, and pour out the sympathy, hopefully, you have a mommy to do that, and forget-about-it. So, make an extra effort to be optimistic, and outgoing. Ask about what's going on with them, and no stories about you. Or maybe just one, if its interesting.
01-10-2014, 04:20 PM

Call Them Up Find Out When They Have Free Time and Than Schedule Something Based on That