This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get over social anxieties?
10-14-2012, 05:02 AM
How to get over social anxieties?
I have social anxieties. I take the bus because I don't have a car and I often go places alone. I am only anxious about densely populated areas like the grocery store, concerts, farmers market, school (especially cafeterias). My fear is a result of thinking people are judging me, thinking I'm weird etc. How can I get over this?
Thank you :]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 05:10 AM

feed the good, things that make you warm and fuzzy inside.

Ads

Keep full concentration on the task at hand ,I only get like that when I'm high but as soon as I start thinking of what I need to do.I don't really think of anything else ,good luck to ya Smile

I used to suffer from the same anxieties you described, and it was actually a lot worse. But my whole life changed after I got diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. Now I know why I'm different and my family is also supporting me well having known about it. I'm not saying you have Asperger Syndrome, but it is a possibility. You could also be suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder, either way I suggest you to see psychologist immediately get a proper diagnosis. Hope it helps.

See if you fit this description: http://www.freewebs.com/aspiefrommaine/

See if you score high in this test http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

Mind over matter