This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
on facebook you put your profile settings to private so that someone cant search for you or?
01-12-2014, 03:49 AM
on facebook you put your profile settings to private so that someone cant search for you or?
,see your friends lists , and you also take off the option of a person to add you as their friend, but you can still have them send you a message. my cousin has all this on her profile , but the feature that says friends of Lilly that you may know, can people still see that , and add that person as a friend ? i have no clue how my friend she added my cousin even though everything on my cousins profile is set to private? how is it possible ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 04:01 AM

Adding a friend on Facebook has nothing to do with privacy settings....

The settings about searching are for external search engines like Google....that option will not allow Google to index that profile and appear it on search results.

Anyone can still type a persons url, go to his/hers profile page and click "add friend" however the privacy settings are configured.

But it has to be accepted by the other person....

Hope i've helped

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply