This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is WWE pushing this social media thing too hard?
10-14-2012, 05:07 AM
Is WWE pushing this social media thing too hard?
Some nights when I just wanna kick back, relax and watch some good ol' wrestling come along the shameless self-promotion of WWE's social media outlets. It's like they want us to look away from the screen and tweet instead. Also, those Touts are taking too much space. It's annoying.

Also what's a Social Media Ambassador anyway? That I don't understand. They had Charlie Sheen on Skype, when they could've had him as Guest Host or something, which I think is better than seeing King and Cole interview him sitting at home.

Do you think WWE should tone down their affinity for social media, or are they on the right track?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 05:15 AM

I think so, im sick of hearing about Tout

Ads

It is getting annoying. The social abassador is just for celebs to promote their crap.

your name allready answers your question

i think its a good way to get the fans involved in my opinion and ask them what they think and be part of raw, i really don't understand what a social media ambassador is but i do agree having charlie sheen on skype felt cheap.

i actually think are on the right track, i think getting the fans involved is a great idea.

I too don't like WWE mentioning Tweeter,Facebook,You Tube and all the Social Media Stuffs on the WWE shows.It's kind of annoying to me when they always say this/that is trending on Tweeter and if that wasn't enough now they have got another Tout thing going on.The Social Media things is actual really pathetic to me.I really don't like the Social Media stuffs coming up and how they show the Tweeter Addresses of the Superstars but we can't do much about it.

The WWE is moving towards mainstream audience now and their main aim is to attract more audience and for doing that Internet is the Best Way.Nowadays every Company is using the Internet to advertise their stuffs and this is what the WWE is doing.They are advertising their Product among the people so that they themselves can be benefited.

As the former General Manager Mr.John Laurnaitus said that now it was a "New" Era which was dubbed as "People Power" but the Internet Fans called it the "Reality Era".And this started WWE's use of more Social Media as they now want to tell everything to the World 24/7 and they are doing it by the Internet and Social Media like Tweeter,Facebook and Tout.This is the "Reality" Phase of the WWE.I myself don't like it but we can't do anything but just get it shoved down our throats.

Yes, Yes, Yes, lol, WWE is pushing Social Media too hard!

I think Social Media Ambassador is just something WWE made up, yeah, the whole thing with Charlie Sheen is boring and I think they made up some sort of deal with him, I guess WWE thought having Charlie Sheen appear they would get more media attention, in return, I think WWE was going to plug Charlie Sheen's new show Anger Management, I think that is why DB has been in an Anger Management storyline with Kane, this is just a guess!

Yes, I think WWE should tone down it's obsession with Social Media!