This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird friend suggestions?
01-12-2014, 06:03 AM
Weird friend suggestions?
Can friend suggestions be based on Friend requests you've recently sent? I'm only asking this because I sent a friend request to somebody I have a couple of classes with at University (I only sent it a couple of hours ago and they're not very active on Facebook) and now all my suggested friends seem to be their family (!) and some friends from their hometown but I'd always presumed that friend suggestions were based on who was in your friends list and what mutual friends you have?

I literally don't know any of these people and for all I know they've rejected my friend requested so this is why I'm pretty confused haha.
@rajoo888 I don't think you fully understand what I'm asking...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 06:12 AM

Facebook is a social network, anyone around the world can seek friendship with any other person subject to age restrictions. Rel names are generally suppressed and ficticious information uploaded. Make sure to accept only after full verification of antecedents.

Ads

01-12-2014, 06:22 AM

I guess Facebook just try to suggest something in common with either your existing friends, your location/school etc, your friend request's friends etc.