This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my internet connection is perfectly fine, but it becomes VERY slow whenever I access facebook?
01-12-2014, 11:35 AM

my best guess is that facebook's servers are just very busy and overfull of spam so it goes slow but dont worry they will fix it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 11:40 AM

I have the same problem with my laptop. When I first open my browser (chrome) and go to FB, it takes like 10 sec for the system to respond. I think it has to do with a security update from windows (I have windows 7) I've heard it could also happen to windows 8 and vista. In my case it's gotta be a software installed (either my Bitdefender antivirus or windows security updates) because I completely cleaned everything (factory reset) with the fear that it might have been a virus. afterwards it worked fine. Unfortunately, i forgot to uncheck the "recommended settings" for updates, so by the second time i turned on my computer, it had to go through a 5hr process to download and install everything again. So after that i decided to install my antivirus right away, because i thought the problem was already resolved. to my bad news, either of them is responsible for my 10 sec wait in FB

Edit: It happens only for the first time, anything after that works fine. And starts again when I restart my computer regardless of the time

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply