This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Too much sexy profile Pic?
01-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Too much sexy profile Pic?
Hi, I'm Ahmed, a 14 year old freshman highschool student.
I changed my profile pic yesterday night and recieved tons of likes, yet the comments were divided between those who concidered it awesome and hot, and those who concidered it douchy and too swaggy (if you concider swaggy a word)
To make things clear, I have two sides of my life, the outgoing teenage side, and also the professional side. Since I'm on the top 10 of my class, people always aspire to me, and I have tons of friends on Facebook who are basically buisness and professional connexions, yet I communicate with my teen friends way more than my professional acquaintance.
Also, I live in Tunisia, which is an Arabic concervative contry. It's not like I'm the first person I know to pose shirtless for a profile pic, but just to make sure that we're on the same page.

Here's my previous Profile photo (for comparing):
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/h...6185_n.jpg

Here's my new Facebook profile photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/h...6338_n.jpg
The question is, should I keep this photo, or revert to the old one?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2014, 09:16 AM

lol

Ads

01-14-2014, 09:22 AM

you are a handsome chap.!!

by the way, what is your question??
01-14-2014, 09:38 AM

You're 14 stop it
01-14-2014, 09:51 AM

Your profile pic should be suitable for ALL contacts.

And your casual shots shouldn't ruin your reputation or display poor judgment.

You can always send shirtless pix to friends w/o permanently posting them on FB. Yes, if you do that, other people may end up seeing them. But discovering them that way is far different than seeing you intentionally display yourself bare-chested to the whole world.

Please be aware that I don't see anything inherently wrong w/ a guy being shirt-free. I do it myself as much as I can, and if I posted candids on FB, I wouldn't mind being seen that way. But I'm not a kid in a conservative Arab country who's already on the way to establishing a professional life--and looks to be jeopardizing that career just for the sake of impressing his friends!

BtW, it's well established that even American and Canadian girls think a shirtless profile pic is crossing the line. I'd bet that Arab girls will react even more negatively.

Of course some gay boys will like it. And some older gay guys. (I myself think you're way too young for me, but ...)