This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Best Way To Make Instagram Popular Page?
01-14-2014, 04:40 PM
The Best Way To Make Instagram Popular Page?
I want to make the popular page to show off my photography. I know hashtags help but sometimes certain hashtags are so popular that thousands of people are using the same ones as you so you only gain a few likes. Does anyone actually know the formula of getting on to the popular page? Instagram does not make it very clear. They insist that everyone has a chance of making it but yet I regularly see the same peoples pictures... Anyways my username is @CRHPhotography if you'd like to check out my gallery!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM

Ive looked into this in the past as I've always wanted to get onto the popular page (who doesn't), however it basically comes down to followers. I will explain;

The more hastags that you use, the more likes you have to receive to be able to make it onto the popular page. (Ever noticed that normally the photos don't have a hashtag or only one). So the only way I see it, is if you have lots of followers, as lots of followers will then like your pictures without the need of using hashtags, therefore you will make it on to the popular page.

However I would like to know, how do you get more followers ?

My Instagram: @Rob_2506

By the way love your photos!

Ads

01-14-2014, 04:59 PM

There are many ways to gain popularity on social media websites such as Instagram.

Instagram is easier to gain followers than Facebook for example, because you are able to reach a much larger audience right off the bat. There are several areas you should focus on:

1) Give people a reason to follow you. Post interesting pictures or videos. Don't always make it about promoting your photography, but also you as a person, and pictures the average person would be interested in seeing.

2) Don't mass follow people, but you can search for hash-tags related to your field and follow people that already seem to be interested in what you will be posting. You should expect about a 20% follow back rate (on average, minus bot accounts automatically following you back), so follow people, wait for them to follow you back, then follow more people, etc.

3) Use hash-tags in every photo, but don't overdo it. Search online for hash-tags that you may not know about but ones which might be popular. There are always the obvious ones, such as #photography, #art, etc, but there may be hash-tags you wouldn't think to use which can put your photos in more niche categories which others may miss. Avoid using hash-tags such as #LikeForLike though, as it makes you seem desperate for followers.

4) Lastly, have fun with it! Original content is always great, but you have to separate yourself from the thousands (or even hundreds of thousands) of other photographers on Instagram trying to generate followers.

Good luck!