This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I separate Friends and Family in Facebook?
01-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Can I separate Friends and Family in Facebook?
I have neighbors, relatives, family members including my dad in my facebook account. I already blocked my dad, but just wondering is there an alternative feature to group them separately?(Just like google+).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2014, 02:31 PM

There is an option of grouping. . You can use that

Ads

01-15-2014, 02:32 PM

Yes you can separate family and friends in Facebook follow these step to do that

1. Create a separate group for family, let's call it "Family". Do this by opening your chat and going to "Friend Lists" and create your family group. You can drag and drop people into this list.

2.Go to your privacy settings (Settings > Privacy Settings > Profile). For each section, choose "Customize" from the drop-down menu and make it so that anyone in the group "Family" can't see it.

3. When family members request to be your friends on Facebook, make sure you put them in the "Family" group when you accept to keep them separate from everyone else!

Check it by yourself first

4. Ask one of your existing friends to test the privacy for you. Add them to the "Family" group and then ask them to poke through your profile. To them, it should appear to be a very boring profile, because they can't see any pictures, status updates, etc. That's what your family will see.
01-15-2014, 02:39 PM

yes u can....first of all open their profile...then click on the friends tab that is already been ticked....now you will choose your option like close friends,aquaintances,add to another list
etc.
01-15-2014, 02:51 PM

yes you can. there is available option in fb to make groups.
01-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Yes you Can Add Them to your Family Section Go to About Family than Edit and you Can Add Them

For Friends you Can Add the Ones you Want As A Close Friend to Do That Go to your Home Page Click on Close Friends and Than From there you Can Add Them to the List
01-15-2014, 03:18 PM

Yes You can do so. But it is not almost possible to keep your friends and family separated. For this you will have to be very secure. You can create groups on Facebook and run it. But it is so boring. You & your family contacts will not see most updates. I don't think its a good idea. Everyone must be open-minded. They must know Facebook is a social site. Every individual have their own thoughts to post. Its not a big deal. So Go well and don't panic.
01-15-2014, 03:28 PM

You can sort your contacts into lists which will appear on your left hand side near game request, groups, etc. Once you have done the lists you can then press on the left on side on what list you want to view on your news feed.

Hope this helps!