This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I separate posts to my wife's relatives from posts to mine?
01-15-2014, 10:27 PM
How can I separate posts to my wife's relatives from posts to mine?
My wife and I are in a your kids/relatives, my kids/relatives situation. How can we separate who sees what? Example: posting what her daughter's son does in sports isn't of much interest to my family members who don't even know her daughter/grandson. etc. I'd like to be able to show his activities to her relatives while not showing them to mine and vice-versa.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2014, 10:34 PM

So you want to post things that only your family to see and post things that only your wife's family to see, right?

First go to your FRIENDS in your Newsfeed, then click Create List, name it My Family (or anything you like) and put all your family in there.
Next create another list, say Wife's Family and put all your family in there.
In the meantime, I think you already have Family list (created by FB) that you put your family & your wife's family in there.

Now if you want to post something that only your family who are able to see it, before you press Post, click the audience icon (globe for Public, etc), click My Family.

Remember, that audience setting is remain the same for future post until you change it!

So, if you want to post something that only your wife's family to see it, change that audience to Wife's Family among the options listed in the pop-up when you click the audience icon.

I think you got the idea when you want to send Christmas greetings to both sides of family.

As you got the idea how to do that, you can make other friend lists that suit your need.

Good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply