This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is social media causing people to become antisocial?
10-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Is social media causing people to become antisocial?
I was just like to know some opinions on the subject.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 06:27 AM

YES! I They do

Ads

no! they have always been antisocial!
they are victims of bullying by this fascist tyranny that has a CRUCIFIED JEW as a symbol of "religion"!!!!!!!

Absolutely. Research has suggested that between 60 and 70 percent of all meaning is derived from nonverbal behavior. So even scientifically it is hindering our natural abilities in communication. We are meant to communicate face to face. Not only that, but we are social beings. We are meant to interact physically in a community.

When we lack that physical interaction with other human beings we become reclusive, and self-exile ourselves for fear of rejection. Social media enables artificial interaction so it can trick us into thinking our physical desires are fulfilled. Therefore it aids in self-exile from a real physical community, leading to depression, self loathing, hatred of real life social gatherings.. I could go on forever. Social media benefits those who are separated by distance eg. Family members, old friends.

Some put forward the argument that distance between people is a natural occurrence and aids in cultural & genetic diversity, intelligence and maturity. Migration formed a lot of the different cultures we know today. Those people left their friends and relatives without a way to maintain contact.

Depends upon the person. For me it helps me stay connected, but for others it can drive them away from being social. People could obviously get along without social media and socialize with those people near to them, but for those who are well traveled it is especially helpful.

Social media could have the effect of giving a person the idea that they socialize enough via social media therefore they keep to themselves. I think this is only an effect which takes place if a person is really into social media. Most can tell how much better socializing in person is.