This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
whats wrong with my computer/internet? :(?
10-14-2012, 07:07 AM
whats wrong with my computer/internet? :(?
ok, so basically theres something wrong with eithor my computer or my browser. there are 2 laptops hooked up to my wireless network [mine and my moms, both running vista] and i know this morning hers was having issues, and now mine is. i cant get my msn home page to load, or facebook, or myspace, or twitter on both internet explorer and firefox. my trend micro antivirus keeps telling me that it cant connect to the server to check for and download any new updates. my aim works though. for some odd reason i can access yahoo answers though, and google works too. i tried downloading the free norton scan from google pack and it wouldnt start downloading. if it matters, i have verizon dsl [which i hate] with a verizon router. ive had problems in the past with verizon, but i dont know if its them, or its my computer [which says its connected to my wifi] can someone please help me out and try to tell me whats wrong?! thanks!
*and ive reset my router. and my antivirus has never done this before... it usually always updates, atleast once a day
ive restarted several times, ive done windows security updates, ive done full system scan, and my moms laptop is literally like less than 2 feet away from the router, and my signal stregnth is 5 out of 5 bars. im like 12 feet away from it.
*and ive reset my router. and my antivirus has never done this before... it usually always updates, atleast once a day

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 07:15 AM

download photoshop cs4 its the best so far =^_^=

Ads

You!

Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, unplug your modem... wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

Try starting at the root of the problem first, then move forward.

Good luck!

Try moving closer to your router. Best ting you can do besides that is virus scan your comp. I have spyware doctor and that works well. Sounds like your computer is having trouble running or bad internet.

Could try and reset the router and then test again, if works and internet is working again only add the password back on to the router and do not change any other setting on there. The reset should be at the back of the router, you may have to hold it down for about 5 secs.

maybe you have a virus, (Vista is terribly insecure) or maybe your internet is really slow. Maybe there are some people using your ISP downloading large files trying to crash the servers. my internet is really slow and AIM works fine and fast but stuff like antivirus software doesn't update easily for me. Programs like antivirus software aren't fully optimized for internet speed but web browsers and AIM are fully optimized for speed.

I have a feeling the problem is with verizon. I have also been having issues. When you call, ask for a level three technician, they are more informed and have more knowledge. Good luck.

I would say clear out your internet options and do a disc cleanup.... Then I would check and see if any programs are on your computer that you did not add..... If th

I used to think it was the wireless modem I had.

Because, there would be times when I wouldn't be able to do any thing online, and the shortcut on my desktop would say I have an Excellent Connection.

Actually, what it meant was, I have a great connection to my wireless modem and the bars, in the Wireless Network Connection box, would be all full and green!

The wireless monitor program would say "You are connect to the modem, but not associated with Internet" or something like that.

It's happened to me so many times, I don't think you can avoid it.

It always comes back.

There's a good chance, it's not your computers.

Go Figure!