This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i cancel my facebook?
02-17-2014, 10:08 PM
how can i cancel my facebook?
i want to cancel existing facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2014, 10:19 PM

go to the help section, or google it.

Ads

02-17-2014, 10:29 PM

It's very easy. First, login to FaceBook. Then on the top right, click on Account, then choose account settings (or similar according to your language). Next, click on 'deactivate account' at the bottom and follow the instructions.

Hope this helped.
02-17-2014, 10:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

Once you sign your life over to the devil the only way to really cancel it is to Get yourself BLOCKED!

otherwise, the information is going to be retained for marketing perpuses for a much much longer and much more profitable time.
02-17-2014, 10:51 PM

Click on 'my account' in the top right hand corner, then go to 'account settings' then scroll down, to the bottom of the page and you will see an option 'deactivate account' then simply click deactivate.
Hope it helped! Smile
02-17-2014, 11:05 PM

Go to account on top right of the home page n accounts settings.....at the bottom of the settings tab in the accounts settings page there will be deactivate account.......use it
Account settings----deactivate account
02-17-2014, 11:10 PM

http://www.rocket.ly/home/2010/4/26/top-...ebook.html

just follow this link: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.ph...ount&__a=3
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM

In short (this works for any social website): delete contents and change data you cannot delete into something harmless. Then de-activate it and do not reactivate it by i.e. letting other websites or services connect to it. You may have to delete all cookies on every PC you've logged in to. Do realize that there are social websites where real cancellation of an account is impossible, this happened to be the case with Facebook also. Not sure whether this has changed.

Basically, if you cannot delete an account you make it harmless, put it to sleep and you don't wake it up.
02-17-2014, 11:26 PM

This very point was covered by "Computeractive" Magazine (it's a UK computer magazine) in the issue of 19. March - 1. April 2009 (p43). This is what the magazine said:
(1) Got a Facebook account and want to get rid of it? For most people, the first step would be to click the Settings button on the Facebook menu bar and then click on the Deactivate link at the bottom of the settings list. However, this doesn't actually remove the account - instead, it puts it into cold storage, preserving all the settings and personal information in case anyone has a change of heart. Lots of people don't fancy the idea of having that info tucked away somewhere, just in case.
(2) To completely delete a Facebook account, use the browser's Back button to return to the main Facebook page and then click the Help link. When the page opens, type 'delete' into the search box at the top and then press Return. After a moment, Facebook will display a set of instructions that explain what to do and what happens to the account. Read these carefully and then proceed by clicking the 'here' link at the end of the paragraph.
(3) At the next screen, click the Submit button to continue and then at the next screen, type in the password associated with the account that's going to be deleted and then type in the required capture words. This is now the last chance to cancel. Still want to delete the Facebook account? Click the Okay button and after a moment the Permanently Delete Account dialogue box appears. Click Okay to finish up. Note that Facebook still retains the data for a further 14 days. Don't log on during that period and on day 15 the data gets zapped - forever.
That's what "Computeractive" Magazine said about deleting a Facebook account. I've never been on Facebook, so I haven't tried these instructions, but I have been told that they do actually work. "Computeractive" advice is very reliable, (plus, it's written in plain English). Best of luck.
02-17-2014, 11:31 PM

This guide will show you how to delete your account on Facebook:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/04...count.html

Good luck!