This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you happy that 70% of British laws are made in Brussels?
02-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Are you happy that 70% of British laws are made in Brussels?
Mrs Reding - who boasted that 70 per cent of the UK’s laws are now made in Brussels - also rubbished David Cameron’s bid to curb immigration from Europe, saying it was incompatible with membership of the EU.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2t3srxTzL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 04:12 AM

If 70% of Brit' laws are made in Brussels where's the chocolate ?

Ads

02-18-2014, 04:23 AM

Her statement about uk/euro law is true, and will, along with immigration and other issues give a massive boost to ukip in the coming elections.
02-18-2014, 04:30 AM

Relieved. That’s preferable to Cameron or nearly all of our politicians making them. If Brussels are making them, then that’s good but if they’re just carrying out the bidding of US corporations as Cameron would, then that’s bad.
02-18-2014, 04:34 AM

I would be, but it is not true. The majority of laws are enacted by the British Parliament. It makes good copy for right wing newspapers to blame all Britain's ills on the EU
02-18-2014, 04:39 AM

Actually... I am. Most of the existing UK law that forbids the abuse of workers, men, women, the disabled, ethnic minorities and affords the so called 'freedom of speech' to you... comes directly from the EU (and its previous incarnations). The EU has also made it unacceptable for you to be executed for being gay, Welsh or just 'troublesome'.

My government (the UK shambles), occasionally wrestles with the notion of murdering people on the 'off chance' that they might be guilty of some crime. This on the whim of a geriatric judge with a healthy regard for traditional bigotry.

I quite like that these old duffers have to confine themselves to golf club dinners, and announcing the results at conservative club raffles.

I'm not sure that I want to return to depending on UK legislation protecting me from being skewered up the behind, or having to watch the 'mrs' burned at the stake. Given that the 1832 Reform Act and the 'Magna Carta' fail to mention such nastiness... the 1996 Human Rights Act seems a jolly good idea to me.

It also occurs to me that without EU regulation, Cameron's Britain might see the benefits of a 'leaner' and more efficient workforce, even if it is brought about by allowing the creation of vast southern rivers being clogged with the bodies of deceased 'yokels' who were just waiting for the council to get back to them. Let's not get into the irony of them being given a decent human burial by being 'dredged'.

Meanwhile, presumably... the absence of EU law would result in 'hard working families' no longer having to work 60 hours a week just to be able to afford tins of baked beans with bits of poisonous sausage in it?
Or maybe the traditional Tory 'trickle down effect' will result in our children not being taught by media studies graduates called 'Jeff' (who changed career projectory after 2 years of dope induced uncertainty)?

Has anyone else noticed the absence of data confirming that old French women drop like flies every time the temperature drops below 4c? They must be built like tanks compared to the British 'old dears'?

I could go on, but I doubt you have even read this far...

You don't want to. I understand. Reality and dogma never did make comfortable bedfellows. I'm going to suck down a mug of genetically modified Ovaltine now. Well... they can't get everything right.
02-18-2014, 04:53 AM

Nope, as an Israeli American, it does not affect me at all
02-18-2014, 05:07 AM

I don't know anyone who is, what you tend to get (as the above posts show) is people arguing things could be worse............... that is to say; worse than a body of officials British people didn't elect dictating the laws of Britain?

Then they proceed to attack the British peoples ability to make judgements on what is morally right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable, somehow attributing the EU with a higher moral compass. It is backwards reasoning of those with a political biased and actually quite racist and prejudice against the British peoples, also note I am not British.

Hypothetical;

Would you EVER here such an argument being made about Africans being better off, if they were ruled by an unelected body from (insert any country here) because their government and/or demographic is morally inept or incapable. The cries of "racist imperialism" would echo across Britain as the far left Marxists above rioted in the streets at the "enslavement" of Africans.

This is all part of an anti-national movement by the far-left, whom have subverted the governance of the UK and removed it of all power to rule itself. What is "British" has been diluted into obscurity with mass immigration and villainized in a witch hunt for "Nazis" and other "right wing extremists".

British culture now consists of female genital mutilation, Sharia courts, Muslim extremism and violence etc..... this is the changing face of Britain and I feel the world has lost a great thing when Britain died.
02-18-2014, 05:23 AM

Typical of the mail to LIE to the public again!
02-18-2014, 05:39 AM

Of course not
Besides the fact that EU laws are all brainstormed by a bunch of unelected officials who get paid high salaries and whose children for instance we also pay to be sent to expensive public schools, the British public were never consulted on becoming an EU Federal State
But she's absolutely right about Cameron's crazy notion of a renegotiation with the EU
You can't have central government where members make individual decisions on which laws they will accept. It's all or nothing
You either live under State rule in which an an unelected few decide what you can or cannot do with your life or you choose how to live your life