This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salary NEGOTIATION?? Seriously need help with this?
02-18-2014, 04:51 AM
Salary NEGOTIATION?? Seriously need help with this?
A few details: I graduated from a California State University last May. I interned for this marketing company during my last semester. Once I graduated, they wanted to start paying me as an intern ($8/hr ) to start working as a social media coordinator/manager for a new corporate client. Now, I'm managing Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for this company through the marketing firm. Obviously, the company outsourced their social media duties to us, and I have taken it over. In all I operate 8 different social accounts every day: I create content, create and monitor ads, general customer service inquiries, social media contests, etc....now, my 1 year review is next week, and I'm assuming that there will be some sort of talk about my future with the company. I want to know how I should be negotiating my starting salary. I have a huge amount of responsibility for only $8/hr. The average staring salary for someone managing a corporate social media account is $44,000. I need help...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 05:02 AM

You live in a fantasy world if you think the starting salary for a social media account manager is $44K.
Based on what your job duties (it doesn't sound like you are responsible for any real strategy), $11 or $12 an hour would be equitable pay.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply