This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the difference between 90's kids and 2000's kids?
02-18-2014, 05:24 AM
What is the difference between 90's kids and 2000's kids?
I'm only asking this because this is my first Youtube video, and I need some more examples.

So far, this is what I have:

90's kids
-Google first launched in '98.

00's kids
-Youtube launches in 2005.

90's kids
-Tomigotchi's

00's kids
-Apple

90's kids
-Backstreet boys and Spice Girls

00's kids
-One Direction and the Cheetah Girls

90's kids
-Full House

00's kids
-Good Luck Charlie

Some other things on my list were:
Suite Life of Zack and cody
Hannah Montana
Wizards of Waverly place
Lizzie Mcguire

Can you guys give me some slang to work with? I just need a few more things.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 05:35 AM

90s kids always were outside playing and there were no cell phones and texting 00s kids are inside using electronics texting and all that

Ads

02-18-2014, 05:50 AM

I'm an 80's kid and our generation had it best.
I consider 90's and Millinials in or around the same bucket, the only difference is that the Millinials had more exposure to technology and the web, the 90's generation was in the transitional phase.

Either way, not to sound like 'an old man', but both the 90's and Millinial generation is quite spoiled, now you're probably thinking, "OH SHUUUT UP!" But seriously speaking, in the 1980's to 1990's we did have lots of toys, lots of marketing for them (such as Transformers and GIjoe) and yes we could be spoiled too, but the exposure to information was different for us. We had a very strong hierarchical system when we were raised, we didn't question it, technology actually didn't drive us either, although computers did clearly exist back then and I did use them (Commdoore 64, Apple II, Early 386 desktops), but they were not a focus in our life, although technology DID exist, like cameras and video games, it didn't consume us. Socializing was our generation, and not 'facebook' socializing, I mean, "Hey guys, lets go down to my basement and watch Knight Rider and play Super Mario!" No txting, no facebooking. If we wanted to contact someone, we called them, "Hey George, wanna come by! I just got a new BB gun! We could take it out back to go shooting!"

Although there are a lot of parallels here to your generations as well, there was something vastly different about it...

Anyway, I'm not one for Nostalgia, just comparing generations. My kid will have the same treatment, he/she will NOT be exposed to modern technology but instead appreciate the smaller things in life. The day my child holds an ipad to play with, is the day I throw it away.
02-18-2014, 05:55 AM

There isn't really much difference, kids are kids