This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I break up with him after 2 years?
02-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Should I break up with him after 2 years?
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now. Lately he has not made me feel special at all. I'm generally not the fussy type and not materialistic it's the small things that matter to me. Last year for my birthday he said he would take me out for dinner so I din''t make any other plans on that day and once the day finally arrived he din't show up. He's excuse was that he could not get my present on time and I clearly explained to him that it wasn't the gift that mattered to me it was him taking some time to spend it with me on my birthday. Few months later it was he's birthday and I too him out for a romantic dinner on the beach where it was in a hut decorated with candles and flower petals. On that night he felt so bad and apologized to me for not making it on my birthday I said it was okay. The next year the same thing happened. he din;t show up.. my birthday is in january and he said he will make it up to me in feb. I told him he din't need t but he insisted. I spent this birthday crying because he had repeated the same mistake. we were suppose to go out yesterday on a trip and that got canceled too so he went out drinking with he's friends.

He says he loves me alot and does not want to lose me but yet he keeps dumping many times, he's asked me to fuck off and called me a other words like b**** and s***. I've changed so much for him he doesn't let me wear shorts or even be on facebook or talk to other guys and I was okay with that I've met hes family and hes only met my sister. I really don't know what to do anymore but I can't keep getting hurt like this.. 3 days ago he told me I din't mean anything to him so i dint call him the next day cause I was hurt and din't want to argue when he called me he couldn't remember a
half the things he had said to me and kept apologizing.

I don't know if I should be with him anymore..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 07:29 AM

I think you should give one more chance to your relationship.

Ads

02-18-2014, 07:45 AM

Sorry to say, but your boyfriend is not in love with you.He has no respect and really couldn't care either except for himself.You may have been "mothering" him and think it will make things better when he is actually not appreciative of the things you do.He lives for the moment and is showing immaturity.Best for you to move on and learn to not give so much of yourself to someone that doesn't appreciate or value you.It will be painful to let go but hopefully you will learn to be more discerning the next time with someone who actually likes you for who you are.Build up some self esteem with interests of your own and take good care of yourself.
02-18-2014, 07:58 AM

Tell him straight up to straighten up his act. Let him have it and tell him how you feel. If he doesnt change for you, then leave him.
02-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Honestly.. That sounds like an unhealthy relationship. I think you should break it off. It sounds like you're putting in all the effort and in a healthy relationship both of you should be trying. Also, him dictating what you wear and if you use Facebook is a sign of a abusive relationship. Been there, done that, never going back.
02-18-2014, 08:28 AM

I think you should dump him, honestly you deserve way better. Couples have there fights and arguments. But a guy that does those things over and over doesn't deserve you. I bet there is a million other guys that would do whatever they could to be with someone like you. He doesn't know what he has until it's gone.
02-18-2014, 08:43 AM

in 2yrs, a relationship should be going somewhere. If its not going in the direction that matches your life goals, then it might be time to review the time invested, and move on or move forward in the current relationship
02-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Well honesty, like someone else already said (kaylaprimo), I think you should talk to him first and put all cards on the table. Tell him how you feel and how things made you feel he has done.Tell him that you are disappointment and that he has hurt you with his actions (or inaction). Try to find out what's bothering him or why he chooses not to spend time with you on those important dates. Find out what's up.

I am guessing that he is scared . Scared of commitment and taking the relationship up a notch. He is scared to fail and doesn't know how to handle it and he is also scared to talk to you about it.

But you will not know unless you TALK TO EACH OTHER. If you feel that his answers don't satisfy and he doesn't have fool prove valid excused for not being there, then end it.
02-18-2014, 09:07 AM

I'd say dump his ass ans don't look back!
02-18-2014, 09:14 AM

If your boyfriend says he loves you it might be because in his eyes he loves you his way only" and that " is NOT REAL LOVE it's hard at first but if you leave him now you will save more time of your own and emotionally you'l feel sad at first but in the end leaving him will make you see what real love is when a new man enters your life . I know you've been with him for 2 years and the way its going girl you should really leave him unless you don't mind him taking control of you . your better off without him .