This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Profile Privacy Issue?
02-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Facebook Profile Privacy Issue?
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm 16 and I've got a Facebook and for the last two years I've had my privacy settings on Friends only. But I want to change it now so anyone can see it and I've done the procedure in the privacy settings but it still shows a basic profile with just the picture and name and nothing else.

I don’t really understand why it’s not changing, could anyone help out?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 02:38 PM

Are you sure that you put the settings to everyone and then clicked on submit?
If you did that, then im not sure what could have gone wrong. Facebook is generally big on privacy, so they dont just let your profile be seen by ANYONE, so that could explain why only your picture is available to others.

Ads

02-18-2014, 02:53 PM

from what i understand of facebook you have to go to your privacy settings and were all the little dots are on friends only you have to click on everyone so that all the little dots are on ur everyone, for them to be able to see all ur details hope it help's xx
02-18-2014, 03:07 PM

In addition to privacy settings and using VPNs, a simple way to keep your 'sensitive' Facebook (or Google) messages private, is to CLOAK (encrypt) them first. You still use Facebook as normal but this step helps make sure you're not sacrificing your privacy. Only people you've shared your keyword with can then read those messages.

Cloakguard.com offers a free tool that lets you CLOAK (encrypt) your messages before sending them on Facebook (or Google). Try it out.

Download - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/194385/
Demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qN3TBqx08