This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An old question again - the criminalisation of football fans?
02-18-2014, 07:10 PM
An old question again - the criminalisation of football fans?
In today's news..... A Rangers fan got 6 months in jail for calling the controversial "journalist" Angela Haggerty 'Taig of the Week' on twitter.
In today's news...... A taxi-driver got off with a fine for trapping and sexually assaulting a passenger.

Is there even a question here?

Jails / the law / the police / does anyone believe that these things are anything other than a big old political game?
Was it Limmy's brother? I hate that guy. Comedian !?!?!?!?
I agree, should lock up the whole family.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM

Didn't you read rob's question

We don't need trolls, Kaffo

Ads

02-18-2014, 07:27 PM

the law in Scotland is fikid...not proud but seen myself in jail for breach of the peace 3-6 months football related, and seen fikers walk out on far worse offences...take that back wher do you get 6 months for murder...
02-18-2014, 07:41 PM

well said kaffo....its pathetic
02-18-2014, 07:53 PM

muderers get less thab 6 months btw...some dont een do time...what you expect from a governemt that allows foriengers to preach hate but claim benefits..fk us we dont matterwe call someone a taig which btw I dont actually find offensive and your carted off at her majestys pleasure...

fk the system

Heh those that murdered my pal at 16 by smashing his skull in all got cleared of murder..so stfu forza go wank over my profile pictire as per
02-18-2014, 07:54 PM

Its a ludicrous situation.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

People shouldn't be prosecuted for expressing their (sometimes thick and bigoted) opinions.

Unless there is a direct threat or incitement to hurt someone, why should people be jailed? Especially when paedophiles, drug dealers and violent criminals dodge jail regularly.
02-18-2014, 08:00 PM

I think it's outrageous! No wonder the public have little or no faith in the powers that be.
02-18-2014, 08:12 PM

if there was any justice in the law they d have jailed limmy instead of his brother...or even banned him from opening his gob ...anything to stop that god awful show of his
02-18-2014, 08:22 PM

And tim of the week goes to Fluxxy (i originally put Taig, but as im a very sensitive person i wouldn't want to offend lol)

Apparently Taig means "(chiefly in Northern Ireland) a derogatory term for a Catholic or Irish nationalist."
Is that worse than calling someone a tim for instance? As someone who didn't really grow up in an over bigoted household, the exact level of offensiveness are lost on me.

If i had to worry about being sent to jail for offending someone in this overly pc country i don't think i'd be able to speak again.

Ned can be used as a derogatory term.
W****r can be used as a derogatory term
C*** can be used as a derogatory term

Why is it ok to use a derogatory term for every other lifestyle choice of a person apart from religion? Why does that constitute a 6 month jail term? The reasoning is clearly lost on me.
02-18-2014, 08:27 PM

The justice system is corrupt,of that there is no doubt.Punishment is often dependent of the status of the criminal,so football fans generally haven't got a leg to stand on. If a journalist tore her to pieces (and it would cause her a lot more stress) there would be no case to answer. The guy is a tvvat right enough and i've no sympathy for him.

Jamie bullcrap, you can't make racial remarks,look what happened to Andy Gray for sexist humour,Homosexuals are the most overprotected people in the Western world now.