This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you maintain dignity after a hurtful unfair breakup? Depressed and desperate...?
02-18-2014, 10:11 PM
How do you maintain dignity after a hurtful unfair breakup? Depressed and desperate...?
he broke up with me with a text..not giving a reason,, i was devestated and tried to reach him sevral times to find out what happened and why he did this to me.. he simply ignored all my messages, calls, emails,, texts..etc...Now i am hearing that he has started talking behind my back to those who I never approved as a friend. I'm so angry and hurt for what he's been doing to me..I loved this man so much and i always had respect for him that's why it hurts me so much...im very depressed...he is on facebook pretty active like nothing has happened.. i dont know why he would do this to me,

I feel horrible for begging him to give me n answer and he ignored me..i made myself look desperate..now i want to know how i can maintain my dignity and respect after him treating me like garbage..., i am trying to move on because i dont think that i would ever want to go back to him again even though i still have strong feelings for him.. im hurt so much ... what should i do/....need your hel

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 10:26 PM

why are you here, shouldn't you be stalking him on facebook with the normal crazy ppl?

Ads

02-18-2014, 10:34 PM

KEEP ON GOING. THERE ARE MORE MEN IN THE WORLD...WRONG forum..

ask my xhusband lol
he found a more boring woman.
02-18-2014, 10:43 PM

Ignore him. It'll be hard but don't try to contact him, don't look at his facebook page etc.
02-18-2014, 10:55 PM

look at it this way, anyone who would break up with a text was already screwing around on you. you have 2 choices, fall to his level and say things about him on facebook tht would make him look bad, like he spent all your money and was no good in bed, or, ignore him in real life , block him on social media, get on with your life and find a man who is worthy of you.
02-18-2014, 11:09 PM

I think you need to look at who it is you get involved with. The guy breaks up with you in a text, is gossiping about you behind your back and will not talk to you at all about why he is doing any of this. Seriously, you need to pay more attention to the character of those who give your "love" to. Girls make the same mistakes now that we did in my generation; you get involved too fast with people you don't really know.

My advice is to forget him and stop looking at Facebook. Learn your lesson and don't put yourself in this kind of position again.
02-18-2014, 11:22 PM

jesus has the right mate for you. it doesnt depend upon man. what god joins, noone can seperate. mathew 19.sidroth.org
02-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Figure out how you feel - humiliated, looking desperate or ugly, boring, mean, whatever - and start engaging in behaviors that you feel would make a person admirable, secure, pretty, interesting, kind, etc etc. Block him everywhere so you aren't seeing regular reminders of him. Instead, focus on building yourself up instead. If someone brings him up, simply say, "I don't know what happened. We were getting along great, and then one day he dumped me over text and wouldn't talk to me again. I'm guessing he found someone else ... hope everything worked out for them."

Why? Because it would be reasonable to anyone why you'd contact him a few times in that situation, and you wouldn't come across as crazy, desperate or mean-spirited. HE'll look like a foolish ass, as he should.
02-18-2014, 11:39 PM

Recovery may take time but you will overcome this heinous situtuation. I would recommend move on from this man and begin looking at better options. It is a cowardess move to do what he hads done, he obviously is not the person you thought he was.
02-18-2014, 11:47 PM

“Love is as powerful as death,” wrote King Solomon. (Song of Solomon 8:6, Today’s English Version) So, breaking up may be one of the most traumatic experiences you’ve ever had to endure. In fact, some have said that a breakup is like a minideath. You may even find yourself going through these and perhaps other typical stages of grief:

Denial. ‘It can’t be over. He’ll change his mind in a day or two.’
Anger. ‘How could he do this to me? I can’t stand him!’
Depression. ‘I’m unlovable. No one will ever love me.’
Acceptance. ‘I’m going to be all right. The breakup hurt, but I’m getting better.’

The good news is that you can reach the acceptance stage. How much time it will take to get there depends on a number of factors, including how long your relationship lasted and how far it progressed. In the meantime, how can you cope with your heartbreak?

You may have heard the saying, Time heals all wounds. When you first break up, those words might ring hollow. That’s because time is only part of the solution. To illustrate: A cut on your skin will heal in time, but it hurts now. You need to stop the bleeding and soothe the pain. You also need to keep it from becoming infected. The same is true with an emotional wound. Right now, it hurts. But there are steps you can take to lessen the pain and keep from becoming infected with bitterness. Time will do its part, but how can you do yours? Try the following.

● Allow yourself to grieve. There’s nothing wrong with having a good cry. After all, the Bible says that there is “a time to weep” and even “a time to wail.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4) Shedding tears doesn’t mean you’re weak. In the midst of emotional anguish, even David—a courageous warrior—once admitted: “Every night my bed is damp from my weeping; my pillow is soaked with tears.”—Psalm 6:6, Today’s English Version.

● Take care of your physical health. Physical exercise and proper nutrition will help replenish the energy lost as a result of the emotional toll of a breakup. “Bodily training is beneficial,” the Bible says.—1 Timothy 4:8.
What areas pertaining to your health might you need to give attention to?
․․․․․
● Keep busy. Don’t stop doing the things that interest you. And now, more than ever, don’t isolate yourself. (Proverbs 18:1) Associating with those who care about you will give you something positive on which to focus.
What goals can you set?