This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do American Scientist pay regard to creationism while studying evolution?
02-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Do American Scientist pay regard to creationism while studying evolution?
In India, the scientists don't care about creationism. An average Indian doesn't even know what Creation is, because most of them are Hindus and Hinduism supports evolution. So there is seldom any rift between religion and science, at least in this subject.
I, myself never knew that people take Creationism that seriously before I started surfing Y!A.

So in America where most of the population is Christian, is creationism given any regard in studies, or in schools and colleges, since many Christians claim that Creationism is equally valid as a theory as evolution since both can neither be fully accepted nor rejected as a fact.

Just Curious.

Thanks
Scientists*
@Sherlock Holmes :Touche! I so knew that you have Indian blood in you. You are INFECTED with anti-nationalism like most of the Indians. Only an Indian/part Indian can criticize India on a public platform. You can add it to your long list of Indian drawbacks.
@Sherlock Holmes :Touche! I so knew that you have Indian blood in you. You are INFECTED with anti-nationalism like most of the Indians. Only an Indian/part Indian can criticize India on a public platform. You can add it to your long list of Indian drawbacks.
BTW, your answer has been thumbed down because of the irrelevancy of content. Thank you very much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 10:29 PM

Largely no. The overwhelming majority of US scientists do not accept creationism for the same reason they do not accept other unfounded assertions: no evidence.

That said, the Religious Reich is pushing hard to change that, with South Carolina blocking the teaching of evolution in science standards yesterday.

The penalty for that should be no medicine for South Carolina, since the state legislature seems to disbelieve the foundation of medical science.

Ads

02-18-2014, 10:36 PM

Why would they?

Creationism is Purer Bullchit..and Not science!
02-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Well in some of the rather 'backwards' - pardon the phrase - states in America, schools teach creationism. But in scientific academia creation is generally (>90% of all scientists) not taken seriously.
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM

No, of course not. Scientists ignore Creationism and continue to make progress. Just looking at the reports in the popular press of their research shows that.
02-18-2014, 11:05 PM

Yes, creationism sometimes infects American schools, but universities tend to be immune from the creationism virus.

On the other hand, the American education system doesn't have to contend with swamis and gurus who claim they can break the laws of physics by levitating, engaging in telepathy, astral projection, the ability to murder with the mind and all the other nonsense found in Indian religions.

Nor do most American women have to live in a society that says raped women are broken goods who are unworthy of marriage, or refuses to take rape victims seriously under the law. Nor does America pursue a space programme while allowing 65 million people to live in slums like this: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=slums+...53&bih=605

EDIT: Oh no, did I offend your delicate sense of nationalism? I am of partially Indian descent myself but I don't ignore all the horrors going on in India. Everything I said was factual. Rape victims in India are treated horrendously by the judiciary, the way politicians talk about them is mind-bogglingly idiotic, and society at large considers them unworthy. The 65 million figure comes from the official Indian census, a number that looks despicable considering the existence of the class of super-rich millionaires and billionaires in the same country.

2nd EDIT: Thank you for revealing your nationalistic inclinations. Indian nationalists are a scourge upon that nation. Everything I said was relevant. You inquired about the effect of superstitious thinking in America, and I answered that. I expanded it to talk about the effects of superstitious thinking in India, from all the stupid claims of swamis and gurus, to the treatment of women due to primitive notions of virginity (inspired by religion), right through to the still extant effects of the historical caste system (connected to religion) upon the poor and disadvantaged in India.
02-18-2014, 11:08 PM

Yes, to understand one, you must be knowledgeable of the other.
02-18-2014, 11:18 PM

Yes! Terry the Klown is probably correct in that >90% of american "scientists" reject "creationism"
However, here in the civilised world, >99.999% of scentists reject "creationism"!
02-18-2014, 11:27 PM

The universe came into existence at what is called the Big Bang so it had a cause (creator)
02-18-2014, 11:33 PM

No scientist that studies evolution in any mainstream practice gives any credibility to the imaginary belief of 'creationism'!
The imagination is the field of study for psychologists and psychiatrists... and theologians...