This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Japanese speakers, I need your help?
02-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Japanese speakers, I need your help?
I received this tweet from a native Japanese (their profile is Japan and all their tweets are in Japanese)
and my question doesn't seem to have been answered. One answerer suggested that her 1st tweet to me earlier today was cut off, so I will repost it here. Since I work during the day, I didn't have a chance to reply and she seemed offended and tweeted a 2nd tweet. I believe the first tweet is her worry about copyright infringement of photos of a souvenir that was sold at a Japan concert this past weekend in Japan. Can you tell me what exactly she is trying to say? I believe it is about copyright infringement which is ridiculous...souvenirs sold at concerts of this singer have been tweeted and posted online for years. Also, what is the best, most polite answer to her series of tweets?

1, Here is her first tweetSad I made sure nothing has been cut off)

(my name)ちゃん〜〜しつれいですがお願いがありますが...これ写​真は、ここや他のサイトへばならないです...なぜなら、そã​®å†™çœŸã¯ グッズ有料商品!であるため、著作権保護のヘジュオヤまã​™...
気分が 悪くないように丁寧に 話をします。

2. (my name)ちゃん〜☆もし、こんいに気分が 悪かった 場合、非常に 申し訳ありません....ㅠㅠ
絶対に 私は (my name)ちゃんに 悪い意味で 言ったのではないからね....私の心分かったんです??

3. If she is hurt, please help me to translate the following into Japanese:

I am sorry for the late reply, but I was on call at the hospital and didn't have time to check twitter. I appreciate your concern and it is a good question, however I have seen photos of the notebook on many blogs in Japan and on twitter. I believe once someone has purchased it, the merchandise belongs to them, so I have given proper credit to the owner of the photo. I apologize if I hurt your feelings by my late reply.

Thank you in advance.
Suzy
@bcnu, you are not answering my question. I asked about what her tweets said so I can understand the situation first. Then I asked for a translation for what to say. I DID NOT ask for your opinion or for you to get on your soapbox about copyright infringement rights.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 02:09 AM

How would she possibly know about your "photo of a souvenir" if you have not posted (distributed) the photo or its translation anywhere?

The best, polite response would be a short apology, denial of intent to cause harm, and promise not to do it again. Arguing about having some "rights" to it could simply enrage them.

First, using the excuse that you have seen others "tweeted and posted online for years" has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whether you are about to be sued for copyright infringement.

Second, "giving credit" is not a license to use any of the exclusive rights of the copyright owners, including distributing photos of it or making any translation of it, both of which are "derivative works".

Ads

02-19-2014, 02:24 AM

(my name)ちゃん〜〜しつれいですがお願いがありますが...
XXX chan~~ Excuse me if I'm being rude but I have a favour to ask you...

これ写真は、ここや他の…
This photo is... Here and other...
(Grammatically it should be こ*の*写真)

グッズ 
Goods 

有料商品!
Products for sale! (=The product is not free)  

であるため、著作権保護のヘジュオヤます...
Therefore, copyright protection ??? (ヘジュオヤます makes no sense)

気分が 悪くないように丁寧に 話をします。
I talk politely so that I won't hurt your feelings.

(my name)ちゃん〜☆
XXX chan~

もし、こんいに気分が 悪かった 場合、
If, ??? feeling is bad,
(I don't understand こんいに)

非常に 申し訳ありません....ㅠㅠ
I am terribly sorry... ã… ã… 

絶対に 私は (my name)ちゃんに 悪い意味で 言ったのではないからね
I meant absolutely no offense by saying that.

....私の心分かったんです??
... Did you understand my mind?
(Sounds very awkward...)

3. If she is hurt,
>>>
No I don't think she's hurt. On the contrary, I think she's worried that she might have hurt your feelings.

(And again, I don't think this person is a native Japanese speaker.)