This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GCSE: Business Studies or Economics?
02-19-2014, 02:55 AM
GCSE: Business Studies or Economics?
I am currently in the process of deciding my GCSE subjects. Although, I am having some trouble deciding between Business Studies and Economics. I am a Maths orientated person and am hoping to go into a career to do with Maths (Note: I am in the top set for all my subjects). Which one is better for a Maths person? Which one is easier? Which one is more fun? All answers are much appreciated.

Thanks,

- Miles

P.S. It would help if you have actually done one of these two so I can get an answer from experience, but as I said, all answers are much appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 02:57 AM

Ecomomics as it's to do with product, money etc, whereas business studies is to do with business and if you want to start a company.

Ads

02-19-2014, 03:02 AM

I did business studies at GCSE then did a degree in economics about ten years later. I'd definitely recommend economics, especially if you're mathematically-minded. Economics has lots of calculus in it (or at least it can, depending on your course) and there's a whole branch called econometrics that looks at multivariate regression analysis to understand the economic impacts of price changes or social change. Business studies is much narrower and just looks at the running of companies, a bit of accounting and marketing. If you want to know more about economics check out The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford.

Hope that helps!