This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is it with cell phones and Texting/Twitter?
10-14-2012, 09:03 AM
What is it with cell phones and Texting/Twitter?
Why do people like it so much? Phones are for talking on not typing like a computer, in the future we're all going to be mimes I swear. I mean I've seen people texting right next to each other to each other.

Seriously whats the point of these things.
First off, I'm only 16. How am I a loser because I know how to speak? Celebrities are just humans, there nothing special. I don't care if that guy from twilight is going clubbing or if the women from 10 things I hate about you is dating. Its just another way that shallow people can get on with their lives, if you not able to talk to them on the phone then your not suppose to. Wait until you can. job meeting and such are suppose to be used for work! I mean really, I don't care what the jonas brothers are doing.

Why do you people care in the first place? I don't need to know what my friends are doing 24/7. if this is what the twenty first century is becoming then we're all going to die because we forgot how to breath with out cell phone texting.

Its like the blond joke with the head phones except it actually will happen.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 09:11 AM

Lol, I wonder the same thing. The next generation is going to have serious communication problems.

Ads

ur a loser

They're just fun, and good for talking to each other quickly. If you're in a business meeting, then text people since you can't talk on the phone. And Twitter is good to update friends on what you're doing. So honestly, it's not stupid.
~Elaina (:

woww. well it's called the twenty first century.

if you were younger i bet you would think that it is fun. it fun because your waiting for them to text back. That's the best way to explain it i think.

People hate on Twitter all the time, but it is really useful for finding out information about your favorite celebrities and musicians straight from the source, if you're interested in that. If you use it to say "I just ate a bowl of cereal", then that's just lame but there are plenty of insightful and interesting people on there.

Just sayin'.

Texting is a useful way to send information to other people in situations where you have to be quiet or you need an answer fast.
Same with IM

lol i've done that. and it's not that bad. like let's say ur at a party and u want to talk to a person privately. u can text them Smile or if ur with a friend and ur parents and u want to say something to ur friend and don't want ur parents to hear. u can text them. it really not that bad

okay I don't understand the point of twitter but...

texting is much needed.

sometimes you just need to ask a simple question
thats not worth calling for..or you don't feel like having a long conversation with the person.

and texting is just fun..

get with it!

:]

Twitter for myself isn't the greatest idea as many have already realized, it has already burned some politicians out. Texting has created a new type of communications for a new era. The new form of interaction has made it much easier for people to say what they have to say without calling and actually having to say certain things. In a sense it sort of give some people the courage they need to say something without actually going through and saying it.