This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex tagged me In a past relationship on Facebook timeline and I want to know how to remove it please.?
02-19-2014, 03:27 AM
Ex tagged me In a past relationship on Facebook timeline and I want to know how to remove it please.?
On my ex's timeline there is a box saying 'Is in a relationship with and then my tagged name which can be clicked on and people are then directed to my own fb' I am not in a relationship with this person any more and have no idea how it got there (I don't really care I want it gone). I would like to know how I can permanently remove my tagged name. I have tried blocking this person but my name still remains. I have also tried directly asking my ex to remove it, but he refuses, as to put it bluntly is evil and continues to give me abuse and goads me that I can't escape. I wish no longer to be associated with my ex and the fact that people can click my name and see my Facebook and picture sickens me. I have also tried to contact Facebook to ask them to permanently remove my name and tag - but you know how Facebook goes, nothing was done. I know it's just Facebook, but people don't see it as simply a social site and it is causing me stress - my ex loves the power that he has it there. Please help.

Problem shown here:
http://oi41.tinypic.com/j0l1yx.jpg
This is what I mean, I have blocked my ex (so no longer a friend with him) and it still appears as a tagged link. I have also informed Facebook of this error a good amount of times - spamming various answer sections (something isn't working, report a bug etc.) but nothing ever comes of it. Seriously hate that site. I read on the Facebook info that once you have blocked someone ALL tagged links and posts should go. Facebook also said, if you're not friends with the person you are trying to tag in a past relationship post you shouldn't be able to.Strangely enough the link appeared on my ex's fb several weeks after I had removed him from my friends list.
and yes he is deleted from my relationship status - it just says single.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 03:31 AM

Did you delete him from your relationship status on your profile? usually from the update info section you can select relationship status in about me and delete.
I cant understand how blocking him didn't automatically delete you, the new timeline has so many privacy flaws its ridiculous.

Ads

02-19-2014, 03:44 AM

Go to this website - https://sites.google.com/site/iviaximumefficiency/ and click on the "remove FB timeline" link! It worked for me!