This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Something to help hold the lid of an aquarium down?
02-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Something to help hold the lid of an aquarium down?
I have a cal kingsnake that loves to get out of his cage and I don't know how to keep him in it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 03:56 AM

Get a rock and decorate it so it looks pretty/cool. That should keep the snake from escaping. It's actually pretty fun.

Christopher:
Well I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I know HUGE rocks damage screens but I'm talking about several smaller ones... Which will in fact not damage the screen.

Ads

02-19-2014, 04:03 AM

DO NOT USE A ROCK TO HOLD DOWN THE SCREEN. This will damage it and then your snake will get out easily. They make screen clip locks. You can get them at petco or petsmart. They come in a pack of two. So depending on how big the tank is you can see how many locks you need. I have a 55 gallon fish tank with a corn snake and king snake. I have 8 clips to ensure that there is no way to get out. They work great. Check out my facebook page at Corn Snake Facts and Questions. On here you will learn a lot of info on corn, milk, and king snakes. I have years of experience with these guys. Here is a picture of the screen clips