This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i get rid of bad thought or something that make me think too hard?
02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
How do i get rid of bad thought or something that make me think too hard?
One day,it just emerges suddenly on my mind, and i can't think of ways to get rid of it..the bad thought about how i thought of my friend and vice versa,then it went to make me think like are they my friend or im their friend? eventhough i already say in my minds that they are my friends...my minds just like are you sure?you're not saying that just to make me disappear?..and then it make me doubt about the word 'friends' and it make me think alot like feeling grateful at them or i should cut my ties with them. its like the mind want to make me antisocial.. and now it make me thinks about this word..'help'.. like,example..hey can you help me download this movie or game...later i take it...and now i think i should not ask for his help anymore and then..say he show me a website he download the movie or anime..like anime.com and i start downloading there too,now it make me think to change the website where im downloading it so it looks i dont need to feel grateful..something like that... and i know how these bad thought just pop up on my mind..its because of my ps4.(i will get to that)

Last year i won ps4 by lucky draw at an event that i went to..To enter,i need to like their games fb that their are showing there(total games=9) and collect their cards(total 26)..doest matter if you want to collect half or all of the card as long you have cards and so i did. and i thought better to collect it all to guarantee my winning.. on the last card they say i need to invite 5 friend on fb to like their group on facebook and i did..and then later, i found out that the card doesnt matter as long you already like their games fb then you're name already submitted on the lucky draw..so this one guy told me to think of it as card collection..and then later i won it (and the guy that annouce who the winner is) ask to see my card..maybe he want to see if im excited enough to collect all the card to win the ps4.. or i dont know.. and then enter the new year(2014) and a few days have passed,then my mind suddenly began thinking a thought which is (should i feel like because i invited my friend to like their facebook that i able to won it or should i feel grateful to them?its doesn't matter right?)(<--Hope You Guys Can Help Me Answer This) and then it went to thinking..(which i stated in the first paragraph) and all..

I tried to not think of that thought but it's no use..my mind wouldn't let it disappear..and when i think like ''it's okay,dont think of that thought anymore' and then my mind would be like ''but you should feel bad about it because how could you thought about it'.. how i do keep myself from thinking like that or how do i stop my crazy mind from thinking like that?..everytime i think like i can't wait to play my ps4(i dont have the slim tv and i saving up money to buy it) then my mind would be like..remember that thought before? now you cant enjoy it.. im really excited because before this i only have ps2 so i just want to play peacefully with ps4 without any negativity thought until i buy the tv.. so any idea guys ? (and sorry for the bad english and long post.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM

STOPP

Stop and Step Back
Don’t act immediately. Pause.

Take a Breath
Notice your breath as you breathe in and out.

Observe
What am I thinking and feeling? What are the words that my mind is saying? Is this fact or opinion? Descriptions or evaluations? Accurate or inaccurate? Helpful or unhelpful? What unhelpful thinking habit am I using (e.g. mind-reading, negative filter, thinking the worst)? Where is my focus of attention? What metaphor could I use (mountain, tunnel, playground bully, thought train, beach ball, passengers on the bus)?

Pull Back: Put in some Perspective
See the situation as an outside observer. What would a fly on the wall see? Is there another way of looking at it? What would someone else see and make of it? What advice would I give to someone else? What’s ‘the helicopter view’? What meaning am I giving this event for me to react in this way?
How important is it right now, and will it be in 6 months? Is my reaction in proportion to the actual event?

Practise what works
Do what works, what is most helpful.

Play to your Principles and Values.
Will it be effective and appropriate? Is it in proportion to the event? Is it in keeping with my values and principles? What will be the consequences of my action? What is best for me and most helpful for this situation?
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/stopp.htm

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply