This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
He won't talk to me because I ignored him?
02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
He won't talk to me because I ignored him?
Long story short, My ex and I of 9 years had broken up for 6 months. We lost contact with one another. In late November he sent me two Facebook messages, one with is phone number! I ignored him because I was still upset about the split.

Last week I built the courage to send him a message on Facebook with my phone number asking him to text me, he read the message but didn't respond. It's been a week and still nothing. Did I wait too long to talk? Will he ever talk to me again?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:28 PM

I'd do the same thing. If you ignore him, he'll ignore you. Treat him like you'd want to be treated.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:32 PM

If it was 2 months ago, maybe he moved on, he may have not wanted to wait that long or maybe he Is going to talk to you but still thinking about it, he maybe busy. He may have thought you already moved on. This Is why I hate Facebook because of the drama it causes. Maybe you can message him again and just tell him you were taking time to think or that you were too busy and didn't know how to react at that point. The thing about Facebook is that everything is posted, there's no privacy so you would've known if he logged in once a month because you said he saw the message and didn't reply...so I don't think Facebook is the best way for communication, maybe you can just directly call or text him instead of using facebook as a means for communication, Facebook can very often lead to misunderstandings like this. I personally would not get back with an ex because the relationship ended and it can just remind you of how it didn't work out and the issues you've had that ended it.
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Was your break up amicable? If it wasn't, have either of you come to terms with the reasons for your break up?

I agree that you ignoring his messages for such a long time could be the reason he isn't willing to talk to you now.

No matter what people think, most guys don't get over a relationship fast. He could've been trying to reach out to you to rekindle what you both shared when he messaged you on FB.

Or if he's like me (I login to FB only once a month to let my friends out there know that I'm alive) or if he's on a vacation and hasn't checked his FB, then probably he'll contact you soon.