This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Based on Florida child labor laws, what job can I legally work?
02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Based on Florida child labor laws, what job can I legally work?
Title says all. My birthday is coming up and ill be 15. I attend virtual school so I can work any time during the day. I just need to know WHAT job I could get where I don't have to operate heavy machinery or serve alcohol. PS, I have social anxiety so a serving job or such wouldn't be ideal for me. I also have no patiece for children so baby sitting isn't exactly an option either. Also, does anybody even hire people my age? I know the law says I can work at my age, but what place will actually hire me?
At the risk of sounding conceited, I just want to add that I don't look 15. I look like I'm more in my late teens than mid. Idk if that's helps any. And serving is a possibility, just probably not a wise choice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:28 PM

At your age, you'll probably have to MAKE your own job. Raise and sell pet birds or small animals, mow neighbor's lawns, grow fruits and veggies to sell to neighbors or at a farmer's market, learn to build bird feeders or make soaps or candles and sell them, etc. Buy things cheaply at yard and estate sales and resell for a profit. There are tons of possibilities. Don't let the social anxiety thing trip you up too much or turn into an excuse, because it can hold you back from what you deserve.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply