This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When I google search the soldiers name I found online, nothing pops up... Is he fake?
02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
When I google search the soldiers name I found online, nothing pops up... Is he fake?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

Does his email address end in .MIL? (such as @us.army.mil if he's in the Army, @marines.mil if he's in the Marines, @usaf.mil if he's in the Air Force, @navy.mil if he's in the Navy)
If not, he's not in the military. Scammers use .com addresses. Real soldiers always use their .mil address when stationed overseas as they are secure emails. They do not use unsecured free emails like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc

Is he in contact with you once a week for maximum one hour? Then he may be real. If he contacts you daily or for hours at a time, he's fake. If he's stationed overseas, he has one hour a week to email/call/Skype friends and family back home

If he's real he will Skype you as EVERY US military base has computers with webcams to Skype friends and family. Scammers try to claim that either they are not allowed to Skype or they don't have a webcam. In fact the opposite is true. Because the Taliban were discovered trying to contact soldiers through dating and social networking sites using fake female profiles, any real soldier would have insisted on a live video chat with you to verify that YOU were not a fake profile
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/09/...-soldiers/

So if he claims to be overseas but he's not emailing from a .mil address, he's in touch more than once a week and he refuses a video chat, then he's fake

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply