This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some teenagers stay up all night in New Year's eve party and act like it's cool?
02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Why do some teenagers stay up all night in New Year's eve party and act like it's cool?
I never understood this. I mean, is getting wasted all night just because the year changed an action to be proud of?

I understand going out with friends or your date. Even i did go out, but i was back home by 2:15am and only had a glass of alchohol.

Today, the first page of facebook is flooding with show offs and d-bags taking pictures of their drinks and themselves looking like rotten meat. And the descriptions are all kind of retarded, like "had a f****** awesome time", "yeah drunk for you 2014" and all kind of crap.

Do you think it's cool to drink the sh*t out of the bar, which will probably cause permanent problems to your body, just to have fun? Don't you think you can have fun in other ways than that?

Do you think it's cool to come home in 7am with a hangover feeling like poop, or is it better to end the night in reasonable times and keep going on with your life?

I think that im the only one around here who feels this way. Either i am stupid, or they are.
@white

Because you do? Do you separate yourself and probably others from the rest of the teenagers? Are you some kind of specially retarded douche bags?
I sense that a great number of d-bags and Jersey shore rejects hover around here.
There's nothing "cool" or "posh" or "sick" or whatever words your limited vocabulary includes these days, in getting drunk and humiliating yourselves only to upload pictures of your misery the next day on social networking sites.

You may try to fool yourselves into thinking that drinking one night till you throw your intensities up won't have an everlasting effect on your body. Point is you'll always be thinking that way, and one night will become two, two will become three, three will become every weekend. Also since your development isn't not complete yet, every time you drink that alcohol, you cause extensive damage to your organism.
I am more of the fitness type dude myself, but if you wanna die by your 50s, so be it, it's your funeral anyways.

Your and your friends' lifestyles are unknown to me, but here in my country, me and a few other decent
guys appreciate a fine, educated, demure lady who shuns getting screwed at every party. Perhaps we're just different.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM

Because we do!

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

i never understood it either but hey i don't know anything i'm just a ignorant teenager (>.< stupid stereotypes)
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Peer pressure. That's what makes people do absurd things in the name of being cool.
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Look, plenty of people have had a few nights out where they get drunk and live to tell the tale. Doing it a few times a year will likely not shorten your lifespan. No one is stupid, ye're just different to each other. Stop trying to be superior to other people because they drink more than you do or don't go home at the same time. I lived through nights in my teens where I was drunk and got home at 6am and now I have a degree and a life, and am glad that I lived a little.
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

It's not even just with new years'. teenagers feel the need to constantly brag about all the "bad" things they do on social media because otherwise not as many people would know what they did and it would be pointless. half the fun of doing something stupid is to brag about it after. they think its "cool".

I'm a teen too and I find that so dumb, like how desperate are you for attention and for people to care about your life like
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

each to their own. stop being a whiny bįtch.
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

It's a time for celebration. It's a new year. Why not party a little bit?
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM

judging other people's idea of "fun" doesn't make you cool either.