This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to buy facebook ipo?
02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
How to buy facebook ipo?
Dont talk me out of it or whatever but I want to know where to start I am a 16 year old and I want to buy a stock in facebook ipo ....how

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:32 PM

You can't buy in at the ipo because the ipo will surely be oversubscribed. But on the first day of trading, you just need your parents to have opened and funded a brokerage account and then put in a market buy order and you will be done.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

A sixteen year old CAN NOT buy stock in anything. You need a parent to open a custodian account for you using your social security number. Once the account is open the parent can place the order

IPO's that are considered "hot" are not available to the general public, the are totally sold out either my the underwriter or the selling group syndicate. Unless you are a "valued" customer of a syndicate member you can not participate in the IPO

Once Facebook stock starts trading in the market, you will be able to buy the stock at whatever the current price may be using the custodian account your parent established for you