This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend hates me, what should I do?
02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
My friend hates me, what should I do?
She really has a good reason to not like me to be honest. Today she confided in me that her mom was a lesbian and that her best friend, who lived with them was really her girlfriend and she didn't know it until she walked in on them kissing. I actually said "Eww that's gross!" And she got mad and walked away from me and hasn't talked to be since. She won't answer my calls, text, or Facebook postings, what should I do? I honestly didn't know what I was thinking when I said that but I did hurt her a lot though.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM

Tell her you didn't mean that and cry in a corner and she will run and forgive you.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

try ur best

srry im tryin make points snice im empty
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Tell her you find old people kissing gross not lesbians - hope that's true.... Tell her you are really sorry and u want to be her friend and that she can confide in u... Then if this isn't an alias name your using I'm delete the question as if she thought you told anyone after your response then I think u wont be able to get friendship back xxxx
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

First off, I'm pretty sure she doesn't hate you. More then likely she isn't happy about or comfortable with the fact that her mother is a lesbian and it probably took her guts to confide that in you. She condided in you because she trusted you and was probably looking for support and when you reacted how you did she might have felt and judged and embarrassed.

All you can do is apologize (not over and over) and giver her some space, she will come around. Go to the store and get her a card and hand write a note in it explaining that you care about her and your friendship and you didn't mean to upset her with what you said. Tell her that was your first experience with something like that, remind her that you are only a kid and you weren't thinking before you reacted. Tell her you aren't judging anybody, you just didn't know how to react but you didn't mean to upset her in anyway, and just finish by saying that you are really sorry and hope to talk to her soon. After you mail her this letter, just drop it don't pester her, the ball is in her court. Don't keep saying you are sorry, she heard you the first ten times and eventually it can become annoying and it really doen't change anything that happened.

Just give her sometime, what happened really isn't a big deal; she doesn't hate you, she is just upset and if she is a true friend she will forget you. You really didn't do anything that wrong. We ALL, adults included, say things wrong from time to time.