This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook app for Android 2.3 error message?
02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Facebook app for Android 2.3 error message?
I have a Droid X and I just installed a version of 2.3 I found online on my phone. I have the Facebook app and it runs fine.....until just recently. Ill go on Facebook like normal and it will say "loading content" as usual and it would usually take like 3 seconds for everything to pop up but now it stays on the load screen for like 2 minutes and then a weird message pops up:

An error occurred while fetching data
[613/ call to checkin_fql have exceeded the rate of 0 calls per 6000 seconds.]

What does this error code mean and what do I do???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

Error means the App "timed-out". It could not access the data due to the length time period... OR, the App timedout due to no connection to the Facebook server... (I hate the Official Facebook App--ITS SUX! Its like it need stock rom to function properly. None of this custom rom or early Gingerbread leak stuff... I hate it!... I use Flow!!!!! So MUCH better! Works with ALL my Roms!!!!!!!)...

anywho.... if you MUST use this app and no other, I would clear the cache of the app in Settings>applications>manage Applications>Facebook>clear cache.... OR... if your depserate, uninstall the app, powercycle, and reinstall the app... If it continues, then you GB leak Rom is messing with the app (but i REALLY dont think this is the case... its either the app or the facebook servers are farting again)

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

It's a Facebook issue. Just happened less than an hour ago. I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon. It's not just affecting Android apps anything that uses the checkIn Api have stopped working.