This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinda a follow up question to agust?
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Kinda a follow up question to agust?
What stupid questions most annoy you ? Mine has to be ie " can I shoot a
9mm out of my .45 " type
Oh a while back a kid wanted to know what was wrong with is gun because it wouldn't fire.He put a random .32 in his .32 gun.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

The questions that reinforce my opinion that todays youth are lazy and worthless for the most part. Examples would be, ANY question that gets asked here that could be answered by a simple google or bing search. Instead of being self reliant and researching the answers for themselves, they bebop along here and ask for someone else to do their research for them.

As long as we're venting here, something else that drives me crazy are those who are given the tools and books, links etc to find their own answers and are still too lazy to do it for themselves. I know this has no bearing here, but I am a member of a Facebook reloading page, people come along and ask the most basic of questions, a question that ANY reloading manual has the answers to. Some caring soul will post links to articles and other "how to" sites, and this joker is too lazy to read it and actually asked for someone to make a video for them to watch, so they wouldn't have to actually READ it for themselves! I have lost all hope for future generations. It's gone. Long gone.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

The 'Toad pretty much nailed it...now if only Y/A would clue in and delete some of them.
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

I agree with CTM. Also people that expect answers without giving any info and then when people tell them they need more info,they never update their question with more details. The wrong ammo questions make me scared to think an idiot like that even has a gun.
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Any question that makes me think:
"What ****ing idiot would give, sell, or even allow
this moron to handle a fire-arm?"
There are FAR too many of them here.
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

I really get tired of the "I (saw/heard/smelled/touched/tasted/made out with) an animal in the woods and I don't know what it was. Can someone tell me what it was?" questions.

I despise questions that aren't even a question, just a sentence fragment with a question mark: "Hunting with an AKSU-74m?"

Or any question that could be answered through an incredibly efficient Google search: "What caliber is an M1 Garand?"

Or any question that is simply inane for a number of other reasons. I'm here to HELP people, not do their research for them. I recognize that most of the questions here require some degree of research, but at the same time, I shouldn't have to spend 45 minutes and a trip to the local public library to answer a question.
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

August and Andy have both found one that bugs me, the incomplete questions with insufficient information upon which to base a valid answer. It's also hard to argue with the mutinous amphibian.
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

There have been times when I refrained from answering questions that indicate a lack of sincerity and/or veracity on the part of the 'asker'.
If & when I am here, it is for my own personal gratification.
Wasting my time, or having someone else waste it, is a boundary I prefer not to cross.
Therefore, some people's questions may be ignored for one reason or another.