This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My ex called i might have handled it wrong?
10-14-2012, 10:14 AM
My ex called i might have handled it wrong?
My girlfriend of more than one year broke up with me due to my insecurities and controlling tendencies, its been about 2 weeks in the beginning I kept begging and calling and she called me obsessive. So for the past week I decided not to call her so she calls me everyother day for a brief amt of time , so last night she calls qnd I didn't pick up so tthen ten min later she text saying she just called to say hi so 10 min after that I call her back and the convo was very brief she basically said hi and I made a joke and we hung up I then immediately after putup a status say I just got a good surprise to end thenight? She is suscribed to my page so I know she will see it was I wrong for putting up status and today on twitter the trending topic is i #imisswhen and I want to put up something abt us but I don't know if I should being that everyone is saying I should act like I'm doing good and everything is ok what do you think I really want to get her back she did tell me previously that eventually she wants us to get back together once we both work on our issues

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 10:22 AM

As long as you did not mention what the surprise was, I am sure everything will be fine. In the meantime, you need to start to work on your problems, or move on.

Ads

Insecure people do make very difficult partners! Work on yourself first, and once you have more self respect she'll be able to respect you more. If you just do the same again, the result will be the same.

Our teen years are a discovery period, learning about who we are emotionally, mentally and physically: just as our bodies develop in obvious ways, our minds and emotions do in less obvious ones. Life goes in seven year cycles, which, like the seasons, rather merge into each other than suddenly change. At around seven we go from infancy to childhood, around fourteen, adolescence and 21, adulthood. People vary, obviously, but this is why teenage marriages are so very often disastrous in the longer term: it's very hard to get to know and understand others until we get to know ourselves, our own needs, etc. which are still fluctuating a bit until we are "mature".

Teenage & 20s marriages are so very often disastrous in the longer term: it's very hard to get to know and understand others until we get to know ourselves, our own needs, etc. which are still fluctuating a bit until we are "mature" (typically women in mid 20s, men mid 30s). Hence, adolescents' feelings often fluctuate somewhat. This is a very good reason for avoiding the emotionally bonding sexual intercourse, as it can so often lead to serious emotional confusion.

Good Luck!

Unless you can figure out what your insecurities and Control issue is all about, this relationship will be a roller coaster ride, and not a fun one. No one wants to be with someone when you have to constantly watch everything you do, so the other person doesn't get upset. So figure why you feel this way, if you don't you will never find a good relationship, you'll have them but they will not be good. Not a good way to live your life. Be happy and enjoy life.

You don't have to force, coerce, manipulate or otherwise convince someone to love you. They either do or don't. If they don't, then say goodbye and move on. This girl if playing games with your heart. Ignore her texts and calls and find someone who can love you back.