This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Major Chrome Problems!?
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Major Chrome Problems!?
So for a few days now I have been having a problem with Chrome where if I click on any website (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) it goes straight to this website called payload.gosidekick.com .

Don't click it!

I have no clue where it came from. I have anti virus on my computer so I don't know how it could have gotten in to my browser. It's getting annoying.

Does anyone know why & how this could have happened? How can I fix it? Please let me know. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

It is either a virus or malware that acts as a browser redirect. Your browser got hijacked.

Run Malware Bytes (full scan) and remove anything it finds.

Run a really good AV: I would highly recommend Avast Home Pro (Full Scan).

Lastly, Open Chrome, click on icon in upper right (looks like lines stacked on each other (vent )go to the settings page, go to manage search engines and click on it, remove payload. Reopen browser and try: youtube, etc. again.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:35 PM

Do you happen to have iHeartRadio installed? Try removing that if you do.
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

Try getting and running a full scan with malwarebytes, reinstalling chrome, and going to the menu (the lines in the top right corner), and uninstalling payloader. Hope this helps!