This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Republicans Plan to fix economy was to make Social Security private and invest in stocks. Obama Declined.?
10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Republicans Plan to fix economy was to make Social Security private and invest in stocks. Obama Declined.?
Was their plan which also called for a 3 trillion dollar cut to the wealthiest tax payers just plain stupid and is that why Obama declined to take their advice? Perhaps their constituents should ask them? How many of you would liked to have had your Social Security in the Stock market??
I am not talking about Bush this is what the Republicans offered in STIMULUS

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 10:39 AM

That was not the Republican plan.

Maybe you should leave this sort of discussion for the adults.

Ads

Not me, social security is not an investment, it is a boring safety net their for people when capitalism fails to serve the American people.

If Obama would shut his mouth it would be fine. The market seems to drop every time he opens his trap.

Instead we have Obama's spend philosophy. He quadrupled the debt in 2 months. Spending money we don't have isn't the fix.

i did good with my money.i wish i had control over my social security.at the rate democrats have been stealing from it.i would love to have what i've invested.if you are under 43 there is none for you.and you can thank the democrats for that.

Why do you maroons bring up a plan that Bush mentioned in passing one or two times and then it dies years ago. You gay black president is so damn bad this is what you are reduced to. Dang, maybe you all should get together and have a Jim Jones style kool aid fest.

No. That's just a stupid lie you made up.

While conservatives have long pushed for allowing people to privatize their Social Security, it was never considered as a "fix" to the economy, and it was never considered to force everyone into it.

Also, to date, if you take any 10 year period, the stock market has outperformed the return you get from Social Security. Just a little fact you might want to ponder.

And would you care to explain the "3 trillion dollar cut" because the total annual government revenues aren't even 3 trillion, so how could that be cut?

since in my opinion most if not all Politicians are puppet's to special interest I wouldn't trust them for anything

Bush pushed the privatization of Social Security quite diligently, based on his so-called "mandate" but most people were not stupid enough to fall for it. It would have been a disaster because there is no way we could have bailed that out. Republicans would be saying that we should just let it fail. Meanwhile elderly people all over the country would be destitute.

The actual fact is, as dramatically proven during the past few years, that Republicans don't have a clue when it comes to the economy and anything that they suggest is the wrong thing to do.

I am not sure what you are talking about you seem have mixed up a couple of ideas together. Social Security like Nationalized health care have nothing to do with fixing the economy. So what do you want to know about fixing the economy or Social Security? Social Security as it is now being run will go bankrupt in the next 10 years or so and if it were actually invested in anything there would actually be money in it.