This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recommendations for a new phone?
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Recommendations for a new phone?
Hey guys, my beloved Blackberry is at it's end of life, and I have to buy a new phone. But I'm technologically challenged and so I'm looking for recommendations.

I'm 20 years old, full time university student. I have a part time job and a bunch of volunteering and extracurricular things I need to coordinate, so easy to use tools like a calendar, timer, and email are necessary.
All my phones so far have had keypads so that's what I'm used to for typing, but I think it may be time for me to learn how to use full-touchscreens (I have the Bold 9900, which has a touchscreen + keypad, which is beautiful).
A good battery life is something else I really need since I don't like the idea of carrying my charger around with me all the time in case my battery dies- I charge my Blackberry for an hour at night and it lasts me the entire day until I get home the next night.

I hate iPhones, and refuse to buy them.

Any other recommendations you guys can give me for phones would be greatly appreciated! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM

If you're a blackberry person, then you'll like the blackberry torch. Although, I'm just realizing it's a couple yrs old. Plus, the carriers round here are small ones that aren't all ober.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Buy a windows fone! New Nokia lumia
They have everything you need
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Well it depends upon u.u could search on net which phone fits u but according to the info given in question I think u should go for a windows phone like lumia 925 or the upcoming lumia 929.but andriod is also a good choice htc one,galaxy s4,xperia z1 or lg g2.they are a little bit expensive but best phones of 2013 if u dont want to buy then note 3 is a good choice but if u cant afford it then i think xperia z is a perfect phone.but it all depends upon your choice search them and u will find a phone that u will think is totally made for you
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

I have an iPhone, they're not really dependable for things like that. They're more "fun" phones, a phone that you could have fun with in the waiting room but it's extremely user friendly.

My mother has a Samsung Galaxy phone, they aren't very user friendly but if you're a busy person then they're perfect for you. They have all those applications and it ACTUALLY WORKS. The notifications are bold and blunt and the Calender for it is perfect, you can have facebook stuff imported into the Calender and it's all right there. It's hard to explain it but everything is just exactly where you need it to be. It also has it's own "Siri"

But do realize that most phones today are rated on how well they take good pictures.
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Hey Lemony S !

I would suggest you to buy Nokia Lumia 920. It’s a 4.5 inch Window Smartphone that supports by Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon with 1GB RAM. The display is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection with PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack technology. This touch-bar handset provide talk-time of 17 hours (2G) and 10 hours (3G). According to your requirement the best suitable phone for you is Lumia 920.
You can refer the resource below more info !
http://www.d2hshop.com/nokia-lumia-920.html
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

i recommend samsung galaxy s4.