This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook like "big brother is watching" Do we not have any privacy anymore?
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Is Facebook like "big brother is watching" Do we not have any privacy anymore?
I'm so sick of my relatives tagging me in photos that I have deleted them all as Facebook friends. My friends are good about not putting my pictures up. My relatives post unflattering pics.....one is a picture of me with a mouthful of food and I'm not even aware that the photo was being taken. It's like at every family function, I have to think that everyone I know will see what I was wearing, eating, drinking, that day etc. I can't just sit down and relax.

What is happening to our culture? We have no privacy anymore. Great, my crush gets to see me stuffing my face.......

Why are people so desperate to post a million pictures of themselves at parties/events on facebook? Does it raise their self-esteem or something?? Show other people that they have friends. God I'm sick of it.
FB gives a stalker an invitation to stalk someone.....When people tag them constantly, every time the person goes out in public there will be a photo available online for all to see.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:29 PM

because they can put pictures of parties if they want my family posts picture of me for other family members off my own too see and im not whining like a little cry baby

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:39 PM

If you want privacy, stay off Facebook.
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

Well, at least with Facebook, you should treat it as a public foreum. I suggest changing your facebook profile to a fake name.

If you're really interested in prifacy, don't ever pay for internet service and always, always use the "privacy mode" in your browser of choice. Better yet, Don't use the internet.
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

They could just as easily post your pictures on Photobucket or any website where the upload of pictures is a feature of the site. Why pick on Facebook?
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

that is correct, a direct quote from the facebook ceo read "privacy is longer the social norm".
well, its still a norm for me thats why I deleted that stupid page.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

I suppose untagging photos of yourself and requesting that your family take photos of you down is a bit more effort than your interested in?
That's what I do. Not a biggie.
People who want total privacy shouldn't be online. People who want some privacy should know the basics of privacy control settings. People who don't care - well, we know what happens to people who don't care.
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

To tell you the truth, I deleted my facebook account last week. I didn't do it for this idea of the 'big brother', although I was concerned about privacy rights. Regardless, as they say "the moment you sign onto the internet, you lose your privacy".... look it up, data mining is REAL. Advertisers will soon know so much about us.. you can tell so much about a person by how they spend their money..

Whatever. Sometimes you get disappointed in the people around you. That is life, and it happens to everyone. By the way, i couldn't stand being without facebook for more than a week, and just started a new profile. My name is ryan, and im addicted to facebook.
And i couldn't care less.